Is SOS the only source for dirt these days? How dirt-like is patchouli?

Darbla

I'm trying to come up with the deepest, richest sort of damp earth scent I can manage.  Moonworks 'Gaia' was nice but they're no longer in business, so I'm figuring out other options.  SOS has Dirt but is it really a rich scent or is it just topsoil?

Do any of you remember JS Pumpkin Patchouli?  I need to go see if they still sell that, and if that would work as an Autumn dirt scent.  What do you all think about patchouli as dirt, or about Pumpkin Patchouli if they still have it?  I know I've got a sample or two of some kinds of autumn leaves lying around so I may get those in some wax to check out too for this.

17 minutes ago, earthfriendly said:

Hey Darbla, MMS (thesage.com) carries one called Earth but is $60 lb., Candle Cocoon's Fallen Leaf is really nice, I tried this one years ago and really liked it.  I have not tried the Earth from MMS yet. Lol!!

I think I can understand why you haven't tried that MMS one yet.  ;)

13 minutes ago, Sponiebr said:

I was JUST talking dirt with someone the other day... Ah... 

(Well earthfriendly beat me to MMS) 

BUT NG's got a few also 

http://www.naturesgardencandles.com/garden-dirt-fragrance-oil

:biggrin:

I didn't think about checking at NG.  I see it has good reviews (assuming they don't screen their reviews and refuse any not so glowing....) and someone even mentioned a moldy note to it.  This sounds great, thanks!  I despise the SOS site (there's no excuse why they have to make it so complicated) and so I've never ordered from them.  They used to not have all that great reviews anywayso I've avoided them.  You may have saved me from them again.  :D

Edited by Darbla

16 minutes ago, Darbla said:

I think I can understand why you haven't tried that MMS one yet.  ;)

I didn't think about checking at NG.  I see it has good reviews (assuming they don't screen their reviews and refuse any not so glowing....) and someone even mentioned a moldy note to it.  This sounds great, thanks!  I despise the SOS site (there's no excuse why they have to make it so complicated) and so I've never ordered from them.  They used to not have all that great reviews anywayso I've avoided them.  You may have saved me from them again.  :D

Well, FWIW SOS is fine, I've not had any problems with their FO's. They are slow though... It just takes an achingly long time for me to get my orders from them, but that could be because I always chose the absolute cheapest shipping option available. SoS makes some nice stuff, I can't get Florida Water FO anywhere else, (at least not that I've found yet) 

• Like 1

I have dirt I think from wholesale supplies plus and Bramble Berry. They both smell like a bag of fresh potting soil to me. They are super Duper strong so I don't use much In blends. Just enough to give a hint of soil.

• Like 3