Leaving a Bern mark...

(Sorry about the title... I HAD to! ) 

So, I'm trying to get the soap stamp design banged out here. Which ones do you like? It's going to be 1"x1"  (30x30mm)

5938c04ccac73_Badideasfinalwithtext3x3cmhighres.jpg.eef2481528b91193d4f4b3d8b75f8941.jpg

5938c04e93b54_BadideasHypnoticfinalwithtext3x3cmhighres.jpg.75569e24126e87c15647c971d4df984c.jpg

5938c2e68c07c_BadideasSneakyfinalwithtext3x3cmhighres.jpg.6f568c495065887e5180e7ddb800d203.jpg

5938c04a4a318_BadideasDARKSneakyfinalwithtext3x3cmhighres.jpg.a10900c311784dd69d2a8e2f403e8024.jpg

(Some of these (COUGHS) might not show up too good in a soap stamp...)

:biggrin:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Simple fonts are easiest to stamp. Clear image borders are best too otherwise the stamps tend to stick. 

1x1 is pretty tiny for words. 

I could leave the wording out without much heartbern... The logo has to be there though. I'd like 1 stamp for all of my different bars if I can do it. (it's 29.98mm square so it's slightly larger than 1x1) 

The clearer you make the image the easier it will be to impress into the soap. You can always make a secon stamp for the words if you want to add them later.

love the image. Super original and easy to ID as you.

• Like 1

From experience using soap stamps I have to agree wholeheartedly with TT for same reasons. Little dots, dashes, curly cues, small letters, especially letters like a and e that have small holes in them... the stamps tend to stick and you end up with chunks of soap coming out of the soap. Sigh.... its why I quit using stamps altogether. More problems than they are worth.

However, with the right stamp, clearly printed, and especially with the right soap recipe, it can work beautifully. I say recipe because a good hard soap works best. Hardness value of 38-40 or above. Soft soaps just make a mess of it. Also, even with hard soaps you have to figure out the timing for stamping just right or again you get a chunky mess.

• Like 2

I appreciate the input!
So is there any particular one of those that y'all like better? I'll clean it up and get rid of the shading, but it's a rather LONG process, so it'd be nice to focus on the more popular version of the logo. 

As I don't have a brand yet, is there a particular font that you have found that works well in soap stamps?