Candle Nose ?

This may be a silly question or maybe not....when you have candle nose, does it effect your ability to smell all scents or just ones that you've poured lots of recently?  

I ask cause I can smell most all of my scents that have been using lately, but there is one that I can't smell at all. And it is the one that I have been pouring the most. Thank y'all for your help!  

Edited by Nickie

It can happen. Happened to me yesterday as a matter of fact. Mostly I get really bad candlenose after a long day of pouring candles. I may not be able to smell my candles for a day or so. But in each case its just temporary. Could be all the FOs or just some. Could be for a few minutes to a full day or two.

What helps me a lot is wearing my respirator when I make candles. I don't get candlenose anymore so when I take it off I can sniff any of my candles and be able to smell them. Just can't smell them while I am making them because the respirator blocks the vapors.

• Like 1

I'm currently suffering from no smell.  I don't have a cold. Coffee grounds don't work. I have to leave and come back to my area to  have a shot at smelling something. It sucks, but that's what I've got to do to smell anything lately. 

• Like 1

Thanks to all for you for these suggestions. I do want to be safe and I certainly don't want to lose my sense of smell.

I'm still in the testing phase, so I'm left wondering if a frangrance isn't working or it's me!  You're right Scented, it is tough!  

I use a really good respirator and it definitely helps a ton but I still will get candle nose simple from walking into my shop the next day  (no respirator on) and all the scents blended together are lingering in the air.  Then I can't smell anything, it's not just fo's that all smell alike but everything smells faint or off.  Nothing some good fresh air doesn't clear up.

• 3 months later...