Candle Cocoon Crisis

glasllyn

OK. It's not a real crisis, I was being dramatic, but it feels like one right now. I need to try Vanilla Voodoo, but CC wants me to pay them $20 to ship 2 oz of Vanilla Voodoo. Ummm... what?

Everyone has been talking about this lovely FO and I need to have it. But $20? For such a tiny package? No.

Unless you have any alternative suggestions about how I can procure this mythological voodoo creature, can you please recommend some vanillas?  I have NONE that like. I love vanilla and I have one not-very-good one. How sad is that? A whole lotta sad, that's how much.

SOS.

Thank you.

dog.JPG

Where do you live?  In the shopping cart there is a dropdown box for shipping, select more carriers and choose usps.  I get flat rate envelope for $7.15. to Ohio.  And you should just buy a pound I did and I was not disappointed.

Edited by ghostrider

20 minutes ago, ghostrider said:

Where do you live?  In the shopping cart there is a dropdown box for shipping, select more carriers and choose usps.  I get flat rate envelope for $7.15. to Ohio.  And you should just buy a pound I did and I was not disappointed.

I'm in Massachusetts and the dropdown option is UPS. Nothing else.

I've never been charged more than the minimum $7.15 (or so) and that included 2 pounds plus a sample or two. To California. USPS.

Contact them directly and ask why shipping is so much for you.

Edited by Incendia
  • Like 4

I just went and checked, and for me, 2 pounds is still $7. But there is a small box in the shipping quotes area that says something like 'more options' or 'more carriers'... click on that and select USPS. For me the alternate option was UPS, and indeed that was much higher. 

Edited by Incendia
  • Like 1

This happened to me once - I ordered anyway and then the woman who runs CC emailed me to make sure I didn't want the cheaper USPS shipping option.  Of course I said "yes, please!"  If you email her before you order, I bet she will fix it for you :)  She is really helpful and has exceptional customer service.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, glasllyn said:

I think it's my computer, then.  It just isn't letting me select "more carriers." It also won't let me type when those ads up there ^^^ in the black boxes are running. Or do you have that problem, too?

Have you tried a different browser? Firefox and Chrome recently stopped supporting certain plug-ins.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tina J said:

You could also try CS Very Vanilla. It's the same.

I don't find it to me the same at all but maybe its my nose ? Ive also found that just because a FO smells the same or very close doesn't mean that they 

perform the same or yield the same results. Thats been my experience anyhow . Interesting how we all smell so differently :) 

• Like 1

I agree with the person who said to email her. CC has excellent customer service ! That being said, I would order the lb if nothing else...that is how amazing that scent is, haha !

but...I get that scent and sense of smell is subjective and why you wouldn't want to do that, so my vote goes with email them :)

Edited by WaxingPoetic
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tina J said:

That is exactly what my spreadsheet says! In my wax blend I found them the same. I know that it is blasphemous on this forum (because everyone adores Vanilla Voodoo) but I bought Vanilla Voodoo after reading here how rich, sweet and decadent it was. Now, I know I am told that my scent list is so sweet that it is cavity inducing. I like my sweet scents. Vanilla Voodoo and CS Very Vanilla both came off less sweet in my wax blend. Certainly good but were more french vanilla where I hoped for a sweeter vanilla. Perhaps all my sweet and bakery vanillas have altered my perception. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tina J said:

CS Very Vanilla has been my favorite vanilla since I started making candles. So maybe I don't need Vanilla Voodoo after all. :)

I also really like Vanilla Bean Noel from ICS but I'm out of it right now.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, glasllyn said:

I think it's my computer, then.  It just isn't letting me select "more carriers." It also won't let me type when those ads up there ^^^ in the black boxes are running. Or do you have that problem, too?

^ Internet Explorer user right there folks! Behold! Don't let yourself become the next victim! Harden your internet butt with CHROME!

(I'm just play'n here... But seriously,  IE sux.) 

Edited to add: 

"I am using Chrome. I'll take a look at that."
Whoops! Didn't see that... I'm in Linux Mint and I had an issue with Chrome just yesterday as well... Had to change the ownership and grouping of one of the config files. I think that FF has probably surpassed Chrome for the time being... I'm confident Chrome will catch up;) (I'm a Linux user with a Netflix account I HAVE to use Chrome, [not Chromium, real Chrome baby!)  Are you using Windows?  

;)

Sponiebr: ThExecutor of Bad Ideas and Sundry Services. 

Edited by Sponiebr
  • Like 1

Yes, I would contact the owner Lyschel and yes order a pound. Her shipping prices are very good and fair.   You only need 1/2 to 3/4 of what most use of 6%.  I don't find it like CS Very Vanilla myself.  I've been using it for 10 plus years.  Don't order from anyone else.  

Trappeur

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

Yes, I would contact the owner Lyschel and yes order a pound. Her shipping prices are very good and fair.   You only need 1/2 to 3/4 of what most use of 6%.  I don't find it like CS Very Vanilla myself.  I've been using it for 10 plus years.  Don't order from anyone else.  

Trappeur

Does this stuff require a Vanillin stabilizer? If so, do you get it from CC as well? I think some nice vanilla brown sugar OMH would be quite a nice little addition... 

-Sponiebr: The SICKO... 

6 hours ago, Sponiebr said:

^ Internet Explorer user right there folks! Behold! Don't let yourself become the next victim! Harden your internet butt with CHROME!

(I'm just play'n here... But seriously,  IE sux.) 

Edited to add: 

"I am using Chrome. I'll take a look at that."
Whoops! Didn't see that... I'm in Linux Mint and I had an issue with Chrome just yesterday as well... Had to change the ownership and grouping of one of the config files. I think that FF has probably surpassed Chrome for the time being... I'm confident Chrome will catch up;) (I'm a Linux user with a Netflix account I HAVE to use Chrome, [not Chromium, real Chrome baby!)  Are you using Windows?  

;)

Sponiebr: ThExecutor of Bad Ideas and Sundry Services. 

Yes, Windows. And doors. (Sorry.)

• Like 2