color receipes for different fo's

I am starting to experiament with colors now and I want to try my fruit slices in a very light green, about the color of melon. It seems all the green dye I can find is pretty dark though........I havent tried any yet. I am wondering if I only use one drop of green dye if I can get the color effect that I am looking for. Does anyone have a green candle about the shade I am lookin for?

The problem with your question is that there are several different types of dye. Powder, liquid, chips...

The same type of dye from different sources will have different intensities. Also, the shade of color may change from one manufacturer to the next.

Plus, the amount of dye needed to make a 1 Lb candle turn navy blue, might only give you a baby blue in a 2 Lb candle.

Don't know what wax or dyes you are working with. For light colors melt some wax and put a couple of T. in a Dixie cup. Add a drop, dab, chip or whatever dye you have and stir. Let it set up. Remove wax disk and cut into eights or quarters. Add this to your melted wax one little piece at a time. For darker colors add 1 drop, chip or whatever at a time to your pour pot. Put a few drops on a white saucer and stick it in the freezer. For most colors this will give you an idea what the candle color will be. Write down what you did so when you get the perfect color you can duplicate it.