Campire/Toasted Marshmallow/Firewood follow up

jbradshaw

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/17/2017 at 8:51 AM, Trappeur said:

Oh, I'm glad this thread came up again......JB did you ever figure out your "fabulous" creation of a campfire/marshmallow?

I need to get back on the stick with this combo again.

Maybe I should get someone to duplicate McCalls Campfire Marshmallow and get it done and over with.

Trappeur

I think I'll order either the candle or wax melts from Mcalls in Campfire Marshmallow so I can get an idea 

of how it smells . Trap have you ordered that candle recently to see if the scent has changed throughout the years ? 

21 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

I think I'll order either the candle or wax melts from Mcalls in Campfire Marshmallow so I can get an idea 

of how it smells . Trap have you ordered that candle recently to see if the scent has changed throughout the years ? 

No Moonshine, I haven't.....I need to order it myself......let me check Amazon as I get so much there and have free shipping......let me check

Oh, I forgot...they renamed it to S'mores....

Trappeur

I've decided to order a sample bottle of WSP Crackling Firewood.  The reviews here seem to be pretty positive, and overall reviews on their site appear to be also, with some very strong similar comments made (i.e., "sweet note") ... this might be just what I need.  I bought a "Natural Pine" that I have sitting here and it's too strong of a pine resin smell for me, so I mixed it with some bayberry, some berries, etc. in several different ways to get it to still be woodsy, but with more character.  This may work for that ... I want to make some chimney candles and this might help me get there.  Thank you all for sharing!

A review from WSP's site:

MiniStars_40.gif "True Firewood "
COMMENTS:  So true to a campfire . Does have a bit of a sweet note, to me anyhow. Very strong + use very sparingly. Will be using in a Smores blend.
PRODUCT USED IN:   Candles - Paraffin, Candles - Soy

On 9/28/2017 at 1:55 PM, Trappeur said:

No Moonshine, I haven't.....I need to order it myself......let me check Amazon as I get so much there and have free shipping......let me check

Oh, I forgot...they renamed it to S'mores....

Trappeur

So what did you think of the McCalls Smores, has the scent changed over the years ? 

I've made a tester from The Flaming Candle's Campfire, and it's absolutely perfect.  Straight smoky fire scent w/ no perfume or anything else.  The only thing is that I'm having a heck of a time wicking it--have wicked up twice now and it's still underwicked.  This is the STRONGEST fo I've had to wick.  May need to back fo down to 6% (I'm doing 8).