OOB Review Community Candle FOs

chuck_35550

getting ready for the Spring-Summer season can be challenging. Picked these up today and haven't had time to use in Candle or bath and body applications.

Lush type 25:43, good for any applications but does contain 5% vanillin, so it most likely will go dark. Bought a pound on March discount, and it is a very complex and clean fragrance. Citrusy with layers of Tonka, Ylang-ylang and a hint of Rose. Strong!

Beach Bohemian, yup summertime and this is sophisticated. Can't find the coconut but mango, peach and amber is beachy without suntan oil. Can't wait. Good soaper.

Caribbean Fruit, is strong with good kumquat and a touch of pineapple. So far so good.

Driftwood Bamboo is just what I'm looking for in a spring summer fragrance. Green, clean and kinda sexy with a touch of patch and sandalwood.

Honeysuckle is dead on and powerful. This is going to be a blender for the season. Very true.

Lux Linen, is upscale fresh with herbs and sandalwood. Not a linen sheet or cotton.

Ocean Fresh is like a super fresh floral I can do. I see blending in its future.

Pomegranate Blackberry? Oh wow, this is so good. It has a little guava  in the mix and I'm in love. 

I'll update after some soaping, candle making, bath bombs and shower gel.

• Like 4

Not FPs. I think I went Flaming on the 25:43 and I absolutely love the combination. Just felt the need to say it, but to ask ... Beach Bohemian ... do you have more of a reaction to it? I'm curious about the scent. If it should have coconut, what would adding some do for it? 

• 2 weeks later...

Made candles and bath bombs with the 25:43 and it's really good! The Pom Blackberry is really good and strong! I love the Luxe Linen, this is a great alternative to those other Linen fragrances. Highly recommend. I blended a little peach and hone bee with the honeysuckle and it's pretty fine! Hope to Soap soon.

• Like 1

Ignorance is coming into this post here.....I saw those scents with numbers and some other candle companies have things like that...What is all that about?  No fragrance name but numbers???Are they supposed to be something special?:read:

Now I can vouch for Lux Linen.  I have a store that carries that and it has been a consistant #1 seller for them for the past 2 years.  It is an upscale scent I would say and is so different...I like it as well.

Trappeur

Community Candle is only an hour's drive from me, so I use them a lot. Lux Linen smells like muscadines to my nose, but it is clean at the same time. It is a very popular seller in room sprays. I've been happy with everything I've gotten from them. 

25:43 is the perfume that Mark Constantine created specifically for the wedding of his son Simon. It is named for the amount of time - 25 minutes and 43 seconds that it took the  LUSH founder and Gorilla Perfumer to make this fragrance for his son Simon's wedding. Simon’s bride wore this gorgeous citrus scent made of notes of tonka bean and lime. Simon enriched the formula afterwards by adding lemongrass, ylang-ylang, myrtle, vanilla and litsea.

wow, I do not smell muscadine! I'll have to rethink that fragrance.

21 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Now I can vouch for Lux Linen.  I have a store that carries that and it has been a consistant #1 seller for them for the past 2 years.  It is an upscale scent I would say and is so different...I like it as well.

What is meant by 'upscale scent'? Something more likely to be found in a pricey boutique type place? More complex than say a simple vanilla or peach?

I sure wish there was a candle supplier close to me. It would be fun to spend some time seeing and smelling all that was possible. But then again, maybe not, lol.

On 4/4/2017 at 2:22 PM, Incendia said:

What is meant by 'upscale scent'? Something more likely to be found in a pricey boutique type place? More complex than say a simple vanilla or peach?

A marketing tactic used to make you think it's something for the rich, something that can't be found elsewhere, exclusive. 

• Like 1

On 4/4/2017 at 1:38 PM, chuck_35550 said:

wow, I do not smell muscadine! I'll have to rethink that fragrance.

I wouldn't say to rethink the fragrance. It would be  hard to pick out every single note and to think that every single note will show itself when in fact it may lend a boost to another part of the fragrance. 

Not just a fresh towel or sheets like fragrance but something more refined with additional notes. Fresh Linen and Luxe Linen are not the same fragrance experience. I can get Fresh Linen at Walmart but Luxe Linen at Bed Bath Beyond or a specialty shop. 

• Reviews

A luxurious, soft  linen with sweet notes of blended herbal tea and undertones of sandalwood. A very fresh scent. There could be some muscadine in there.

• Reviews
  • Like 1

To me, upscale scents are those that have a bit more complexity to them. The notes all work together perfectly and take the FO up a notch, for a more sophisticated scent profile. Scented is correct, saying something is "upscale" is largely a marketing ploy. The same way companies selling FO don't just have plain Vanilla, it's a Vanilla Voodoo or Vanilla Select or Vanilla Bean. It's a perception of it being "better".

• Like 1