Blindsided by Ecosoya Wax being Discontinued... HELP!!!

On 8/21/2017 at 12:58 PM, CandleSmoak said:

Q210 available here:

Sample Size Q210 - 5lbs (shipping weight 6lbs) $11

https://www.dpswax.com/products/view/05-Q210

Case Q210 - 45 lbs (shipping weight 47 lbs) $80.80 each unless you order 11 cases or more

https://www.dpswax.com/products/view/45-Q210

Wow! Thanks for the link, I can't find this on any of my old suppliers pages anymore. Is this the new version? And is it as good as the old? 

On 5/7/2017 at 5:17 PM, coffeebean said:

I just purchased a 10lb bag of Golden wax tart wax from CS and I'm going to start some test burns. I'm down to my last couple boxes of ecosoya PB and I have a feeliing I better find a replacement as soon as I can. This is truly upsetting :-(

How did your test burns pan out with the Golden tart wax ? 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, coffeebean said:

It had some frosting and it seems to be a bit softer than the ecosoya pb I was using but it worked better that the rest I sampled.

Thanks ! Im wondering if the results would be the same today since most on here are reporting issues with HT with soy. 

2 hours ago, Lorelei said:

Is Q210 the reformulation of the PB?

No..Q210 I believe is very soft container wax.. I believe for PB you would have to try the Q230. I have some, but haven't tried it yet. I have tried the Q210, and it is VERY challenging to wick properly.

I just purchased Q210 from Lone Star and I have so many questions to ask. But I am using it for containers and tarts. I use a ECO 8 in a 8 oz status and I did a test burn. I was told to do one with no fragrance or color to but that confuses me because doesn't the scent play a major role,in,how the wick burns. 

52 minutes ago, Maibi.so.or.no said:

I just purchased Q210 from Lone Star and I have so many questions to ask. But I am using it for containers and tarts. I use a ECO 8 in a 8 oz status and I did a test burn. I was told to do one with no fragrance or color to but that confuses me because doesn't the scent play a major role,in,how the wick burns. 

Scent does play a part, but this new eco series of waxes burn so different that you may get a false baseline if you mix in the fragrance.

give a quick search for the waxes and you will see the problems people are having with it. 

For that short timeline, honestly, I would go with what I already knew inside and out. Then give soy a fair test period before bringing it to market. 

Soy takes upwards of 2 weeks to cure before you see what you're going to get in each scent anyway.

I have tested 70/30 415/4630 and it makes a nice candle with good throw-  I would suppose more 4630 would maybe make it a little stronger but I was trying to stick with a higher soy percentage-  Didn't love it enough to continue on and not exactly what I am aiming for but it was pretty good and I just may revisit it again in the future 

58 minutes ago, moonshine said:

I have tested 70/30 415/4630 and it makes a nice candle with good throw-  I would suppose more 4630 would maybe make it a little stronger but I was trying to stick with a higher soy percentage-  Didn't love it enough to continue on and not exactly what I am aiming for but it was pretty good and I just may revisit it again in the future 

Thanks Moonshine! I went ahead and picked some of each up, just 10lbs to test.  They swear by it, so hopefully this will work.  Will let you know how it turns out!