High precision scale that can handle spill from FO's

Any recommendations on a high precision scale that don't get destroyed of the Fragrance Oils.

The one's I had haven't been able to handle the small spill. The plastic simply melts from the oils with time. Be great to have something that is high precision 0.01g and is completely stainless or in glass. I'm on the hunt

IMG_9860.JPG

12 minutes ago, Mcgee said:

I have a KD-8000 Myweight scale. The scale has an plastic cover that is on a hinge and cost about 40 dollars but I have had mine for about 3 years with no problems.

I have one of those too, but it does not go below 1g :( I can't even get a gram to measure. 

a scale is the the most accurate at about the middle of the total span of weights it can handle. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

I have one of those too, but it does not go below 1g :( I can't even get a gram to measure. 

a scale is the the most accurate at about the middle of the total span of weights it can handle. 

You can get it to go over at g increments IF you put another weight (e.g.: a calibration weight on the scale that is over 10 g.)  AND you don't tare the weight. But yeah, it's no damn good at small increments from tare. The starting weight is >2 g before it registers and i've had iffy success with that starting from 0. 

10 minutes ago, strugglebrother said:

Which one is the pocket size you buy? There are several on Amazon?

I have no idea if it's any "good" or not but this is the one that I was planning on buying. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYN505K/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A9QOA0JSJ7JFJ

As far as spills of EO and FO's... Don't. Get yourself some transfer pipettes like this https://www.amazon.com/SEOH-Dropping-Pipette-Pipet-250mm/dp/B00KI25US2/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1485580596&sr=8-7&keywords=glass+pipette.

I just use one of those "flavor injector" syringes with the needle filed off flat to pull and transfer my FO's and EO's. They're a buck from the Dollar Tree, I have 3 or 4 of them and they're great for eyeballing stuff. No more spills, no more lingering stank in the box from drip covered bottles... Just a thort. 

Sponiebr the Executor and recipient of Bad Ideas, and things that should not be thought of, much less said or done... <----- (Strong clue there that I've had a bad day.) 

• Like 3

I have a myweight scale as well.  Mine is about 9 years old and still accurate. I put a silicone hot pad on the weigh surface tared it and the scale keeps going.  I don't spill much fo as I try to always use the spout tops on my bottles or pippettes like spoonie suggested.  Now wax, that's another story, I manage to get that everywhere.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kandlekrazy said:

I have a myweight scale as well.  Mine is about 9 years old and still accurate. I put a silicone hot pad on the weigh surface tared it and the scale keeps going.  I don't spill much fo as I try to always use the spout tops on my bottles or pippettes like spoonie suggested.  Now wax, that's another story, I manage to get that everywhere.

You HAVE to get wax everywhere... It's a REQUIREMENT! 

• Like 2