Looking for the Perfect Peach scent

Incendia

I know it's out there. 

A friend gave me the end of a peach-scented candle that was divine. It was full fruity goodness, ...and I want more. I've tried Flaming Candle's Georgia Peach. It's good, but to  my nose has a slight tinge of grapefruit in it, and not as robust peachy as I want. I've also tried their Peach Nectar, and while nice, was more pit than peach.  Not necessarily a bad thing, but not what I want either.

I've ordered a couple 'peach' and 'nectarine' scents from Peak's that I haven't tried yet, so hopefully one of those will come through.

But in the meantime, if anyone has a suggestion of where to look next for a real peachy, fruity, almost perfume-y, but not bakery nor jello scent, I'd be grateful.

I was not going to order till another batch of samples came with a couple more peach scents to try... but decided to just pull the trigger and order the CS peach nectar. So now I wait...

Thank you all for the input. Hopefully in a week or so I'll be able to report.

12 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Please let us know your findings and also who else did you order from?

Besides Peach Nectar and Peach from Flaming Candle, I've ordered 3 non bakery from Peak's - two peach types and one nectarine (mutant hairless peach). Plus the Peach Nectar from CS.

11 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Peach nectar smelled more like a peach sorbet to me. HT was very light for me in C3. I want to find a strong peach too, but it is proving as difficult as a good coconut.

My most pleasing peach scent (to my nose) thus far was a 1:1 mix of FC 'Peach' and CS 'Cranberry Marmalade'. Go figure.

If Ocean Spray can mix their berries with other fruits, why not candle makers?

The peach nectar from CS arrived today, and it most likely is the peach scent I was looking for. It's very pleasing both OOB, and in a couple quickly made votives.

It may not be 'the perfect peach', but it's good enough to stop looking.  B)

Thanks for the suggestions. :)

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 7:45 AM, Trappeur said:

Please let us know your findings and also who else did you order from?

Of the three peach family scents I ordered from Peak's, I've tried two thus far. One, Ginger Peach, just seems horrible to me. I love fresh ginger, but this is some chemical concoction that just doesn't work. Not very peachy either. If it improves with more than its 15 minutes of curing (lol), I'll update this. But it would have a loooooong way to come.

Another, Vanilla Bean Nectarine (peaches and nectarines are both Prunus persica) is divine. I can't detect much nectarine in it, but rather orange (fruit not blossom), which I like very much. This scent is a lovely confection worth trying, ...but to my nose, the name is off. I'm going to call it Orange Crème. B)

7 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Orange Creme sounds like something I would like to try.   I never order from Peaks....but might have to try some different things.

I got one of their 10 sample deals, plus another free sample. These are what I got, in no particular order. I underlined the three I'd consider buying more of.

-ginger peach... still not good

-Georgia peach ... haven't tried yet

-Love spell, vs type ... haven't tried yet, but do like the one from CS. Will make some votives of it today.

-Orange blossom... I just love this one, but it's not strong. Sort of medium strength I guess. Definitely will consider buying more. Smells like the real deal, and I have orange trees.

-Wild Mountain Honey... Nice, but not outstanding to me. Does smell like honey.

-Sweet pea... nice, close to real sweet peas, but not quite. 'another pleasant floral'

-Vanilla bean nectarine ... really nice. I want more. Several of the positive reviewers got this as a free sample. Maybe it's not selling... Great scent, wrong name. More orange than nectarine.

-Cinnamon apple cider... Not bad, but not great. Another spicey apple.

-Coconut milk... not very strong. Not very coconutty either. 3 out of 5

-Birds of paradise... surprisingly nice. I had no idea what to expect since real Bird of Paradise flowers, while visually striking, have virtually no scent. But I do like it and would consider getting more. Think I'll rename it 'Surf's up' in aqua/blue wax. I don't sell my candles, so I won't have to explain it, lol.

-Amish Harvest ... nice scent. Smells more like raw cookie dough than what I would think of as 'harvest'. Might rename this 'Mrs Fields does candles'... Just joking. But the scent itself is pleasing. Worth a try if you like mild bakery scents.

-