No more EcoSoya PB! Now what for melts?!?!

I heard via the grapevine that NGI is discontinuing production of their EcoSoya PB wax that I have been using for my clamshell melts.  Now I'm at a loss as to what other soy wax will work.  I have tested a few that I made with GB 444 and they seem to have worked pretty well, but I'm not sure if it's a long term solution.  

I don't sell my melts.  I use them myself, occasionally give to those family members who express jealousy at how good my home always smells, so perfection is not required, and I would prefer to not have to blend with paraffin.

Has anyone had any luck using a soy container wax? And which works best?  I would appreciate some guidance so that I don't have to waste a lot of money buying a whole lot of wax that may not get used.

TIA. 

There is a ton of info on here about soy wax for melts, and also specifically using clamshells.  Choose a soy you can get locally, if you want it to be harder, blend with soy pillar wax.  I honestly believe any soy wax will work, it's just a matter of testing which works with each fo you have.

Here is the announcement on NGI's site about their new waxes being launched in 2017: http://www.ngielements.com/

Also, if you use NGI wax (Ecosoya) now or plan to in the future I would bookmark the site to read up on and use the site for information and announcements on their waxes. I always checked them out periodically when I was working with Ecosoya. It helps you produce a much better candle application if you understand how the wax you are using is formulated and what are its properties and functions.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 2

I offered my unopened box of PB via PM to someone if they'll provide a shipping label.   PM was read, no response...so anyone want it?

I sent a box to another board member a couple of months ago.  She eventually got it after I got motivated enough to take it to the shipper.  No scam.  I just want it gone.  (I'm not selling it, so it doesn't fit in the classifieds.)

Edited by KrisS