Ice Cream You Scream

jfear

Hello Everyone!

I am on the hunt for a really great ice cream FO and I would love your suggestions. Even if it's a good cream/vanilla/berries I'm all ears!

I've tried "Summer Scoop" from Flaming Candle and although it smells uncannily like a Baskin Robbins (truly does), there's an odd and almost peppery note I can't get past.

Has anyone tried Just Scent "Neapolitan Ice Cream"? There are no reviews and it's only available in 1lb; I hate to buy a whole lb and not like it. She also has an "Ice Cream Sandwich" I'm curious about.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by jfear
  • Like 2

Following this as well.  I have been wondering about her "Ice cream scoop bread".  I heard that you should check with others on her oils before you purchase large amounts as there have been a lot of misses vs hits depending on the oil.  I believe people rave about her dupes, bakery and vanilla scents though??

• Like 2

Yes, I've found Just Scent to be hit or miss; either I am totally in love with an FO or I really hate it.

The topic of Just Scent has been raised before regarding their lack of posting negative reviews. When an FO such as the "Neapolitan Ice Cream" has zero reviews it makes me think that there were negative reviews that she just didn't post!

They reopen on the 3rd after New Year's; I'm going to go for it and order some of the Ice Cream FOs and I will post here if they are hit or miss!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jfear said:

Yes, I've found Just Scent to be hit or miss; either I am totally in love with an FO or I really hate it.

The topic of Just Scent has been raised before regarding their lack of posting negative reviews. When an FO such as the "Neapolitan Ice Cream" has zero reviews it makes me think that there were negative reviews that she just didn't post!

They reopen on the 3rd after New Year's; I'm going to go for it and order some of the Ice Cream FOs and I will post here if they are hit or miss!

Everything that you said is exactly what I hear from others, so I am curious to hear how your results are.  A good company would allow the good and the bad as you cannot please everyone in the world anyways especially each oil being sold to thousands and millions of people, you cannot win them all over.  If the reviews or more bad than good, as a company, I would look out for a way to improve that oil, not avoid bad reviews but thats just me.  Keep us posted!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

I believe Belinda has mentioned 

Fragrace Buddy has a good ice cream ? one too. I'm curious on your findings Jfear. For some reason I think ice cream ? FO

would be weak but maybe not ?

Happy New Year to you !

Yes, FB has vanilla ice cream and it smells really good OOB. It has good reviews on their site too. I've never put it in wax but it does smell like ice cream to my nose. 

Hope this helps!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Moonstar said:

I believe Belinda has mentioned 

Fragrace Buddy has a good ice cream ? one too. I'm curious on your findings Jfear. For some reason I think ice cream ? FO

would be weak but maybe not ?

Happy New Year to you !

I'll be looking into that FB Ice Cream indeed!

It's a bummer because "Summer Scoop" from Flaming Candle has a killer hot throw and it smells EXACTLY like an ice cream shoppe, however, it has a really weird note OOB and in the cold throw that I can't get past. It also beads and doesn't blend well even at 5% load.

The hunt continues! Happy New Year to you as well!

Edited by jfear
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

I have the one from RE on my list when I'm ready for reorders from them, so many I'd like to try but have to stop myself!

I have quite a few 1 oz bottles that Im selling. I don't know what I was thinking when I ordered them. So many of them were so similar + some were not really 

my cup of tea. I really, really like their lemon curd + the plumbery is nice too. Next Christ,as Im getting a big bottle of their Main Street Christmas. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Belinda said:

RE has a vanilla ice cream fragrance oil! I just noticed that. It might be a new scent, but they usually have great oils.

Happy New Year my friend - wishing you and yours a New Year filled with much good health - happiness and prosperity. Cheers !

Now get some well deserved rest before you go back to school doing an amazing job with all of those kids :)  xoxo 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Happy New Year my friend - wishing you and yours a New Year filled with much good health - happiness and prosperity. Cheers !

Now get some well deserved rest before you go back to school doing an amazing job with all of those kids :)  xoxo 

Same to you! Wishing you a very happy 2017!

Hopefully I'll be well rested by Tuesday. That's when our kids come back! They'll be pumped and ready to go for sure LOL! I love my job!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Belinda said:

Same to you! Wishing you a very happy 2017!

Hopefully I'll be well rested by Tuesday. That's when our kids come back! They'll be pumped and ready to go for sure LOL! I love my job!

We don't go back until January 9, they went through the Friday, the day before Christmas Eve :( Happy New Year + many blessing to the staff + students !

17 hours ago, Moonstar said:

I have quite a few 1 oz bottles that Im selling. I don't know what I was thinking when I ordered them. So many of them were so similar + some were not really 

my cup of tea. I really, really like their lemon curd + the plumbery is nice too. Next Christ,as Im getting a big bottle of their Main Street Christmas. 

I'm one of the crazy people who never, never buy 1 oz bottles.  Untried and untested I buy 4 oz or more, lol.  If I like something I test it and make more right away!

• Like 1

On 12/29/2016 at 7:03 AM, jfear said:

Hello Everyone!

I am on the hunt for a really great ice cream FO and I would love your suggestions. Even if it's a good cream/vanilla/berries I'm all ears!

I've tried "Summer Scoop" from Flaming Candle and although it smells uncannily like a Baskin Robbins (truly does), there's an odd and almost peppery note I can't get past.

Has anyone tried Just Scent "Neapolitan Ice Cream"? There are no reviews and it's only available in 1lb; I hate to buy a whole lb and not like it. She also has an "Ice Cream Sandwich" I'm curious about.

Thanks in advance!

Hi jfear!

I love the FB vanilla ice cream, but I am one who just loves vanilla scents and I love blending these together to create the most delicious vanilla ice cream scent - .50 FB Vanilla Ice Cream / .25 Daystar Vanilla Delicious / .25 CC Vanilla Voodoo. I also love Daystar's Buttercream Frosting, Daystar's Cake Batter, Daystar's Milk Sugar Kisses and ICS Vanilla Smoothie and I have made a blend using ALL of these scents before and it is divine delicious vanilla ice cream heaven! :) Customers have swooned over this scent blend.  I have found that the more vanilla type scents you blend together, the more awesome vanilla scents you can end up with. :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, puma52 said:

Hi jfear!

I love the FB vanilla ice cream, but I am one who just loves vanilla scents and I love blending these together to create the most delicious vanilla ice cream scent - .50 FB Vanilla Ice Cream / .25 Daystar Vanilla Delicious / .25 CC Vanilla Voodoo. I also love Daystar's Buttercream Frosting, Daystar's Cake Batter, Daystar's Milk Sugar Kisses and ICS Vanilla Smoothie and I have made a blend using ALL of these scents before and it is divine delicious vanilla ice cream heaven! :) Customers have swooned over this scent blend.  I have found that the more vanilla type scents you blend together, the more awesome vanilla scents you can end up with. :)

Puma, you always come up with the BEST sounding blends! I have to defiantly try this! I love vanilla too and this sounds just too delicious to not try. Thank you my friend for always sharing with us!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Belinda said:

Puma, you always come up with the BEST sounding blends! I have to defiantly try this! I love vanilla too and this sounds just too delicious to not try. Thank you my friend for always sharing with us!

Morning Belinda and Happy New Year to ya! :hello:I hope you do try these blends....You just cannot go wrong w/vanillas and everyone who knows...KNOWS that Stacy from Daystar has some awesome and DIVINE ones! :) We appreciate Ms Stacy SO MUCH for offering us these wonderful scents! :) 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, puma52 said:

Morning Belinda and Happy New Year to ya! :hello:I hope you do try these blends....You just cannot go wrong w/vanillas and everyone who knows...KNOWS that Stacy from Daystar has some awesome and DIVINE ones! :) We appreciate Ms Stacy SO MUCH for offering us these wonderful scents! :) 

Stacy is great for sure. You know her shop is just right down the road from me! Her son goes to the school that I work at. 

I need to order some of her vanilla delicious!

Happy New Year Everyone!

So, I contacted Just Scent regarding their "Neapolitan Ice Cream" and they said it's being discontinued. So with no reviews and a discontinue I won't be ordering it!

I am however going for Fragrance Buddy's "Vanilla Ice Cream" as you all so kindly suggested as well as the "Neapolitan Ice Cream" from WSP, which has 30+ rave reviews.

All weekend I've been testing a Libbey Bowl with Flaming Candles' "Summer Scoop" (the FO I wasn't too sure about) but it's been proving me wrong! I cannot BELIEVE the hot throw with this one. Three hours after extinguishing, the fragrance was still lingering on the stairs and all through the house. It TRULY smells like Ice Cream. 

So, I'm going to try the other Ice Cream FOs while keeping "Summer Scoop" as a top contender.

I will keep you all updated here and give you the scoop on my findings! ?

Edited by jfear

You have no idea how pleased I am to hear you say Flaming had a good one!  They have the best shipping rates for me and I have 7 oils from them that I am VERY VERY pleased with OOB, maybe except birthday cake.  I am probably smelling it too much and now over thinking when I shouldnt :confused:  Just put a couple in wax over the weekend, just waiting on cure time.  Fingers crossed!!  

Edited by lovelyscents
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, lovelyscents said:

You have no idea how pleased I am to hear you say Flaming had a good one!  They have the best shipping rates for me and I have 7 oils from them that I am VERY VERY pleased with OOB, maybe except birthday cake.  I am probably smelling it too much and now over thinking when I shouldnt :confused:  Just put a couple in wax over the weekend, just waiting on cure time.  Fingers crossed!!  

Which ones do you have that you like ... what type of wax do you use ? Thanks ! Now Im ordering Jfears Summer Scoop suggestion lol !

1 hour ago, jfear said:

Happy New Year Everyone!

So, I contacted Just Scent regarding their "Neapolitan Ice Cream" and they said it's being discontinued. So with no reviews and a discontinue I won't be ordering it!

I am however going for Fragrance Buddy's "Vanilla Ice Cream" as you all so kindly suggested as well as the "Neapolitan Ice Cream" from WSP, which has 30+ rave reviews.

All weekend I've been testing a Libbey Bowl with Flaming Candles' "Summer Scoop" (the FO I wasn't too sure about) but it's been proving me wrong! I cannot BELIEVE the hot throw with this one. Three hours after extinguishing, the fragrance was still lingering on the stairs and all through the house. It TRULY smells like Ice Cream. 

So, I'm going to try the other Ice Cream FOs while keeping "Summer Scoop" as a top contender.

I will keep you all updated here and give you the scoop on my findings! ?

So now Im ordering the Summer Scoop lol ! So it really smells like ice cream hugh ???  I did check out WSP Neapolitan and the cake batter ice cream

the Cake batter one sounds awesome too Oh No J what have you started lol ! You use paraffin wax ???  what % of Summer Scoop did you use for

such great results ? Was in in a candle or melts ? I just read your comments above about the Summer Scoop - so it has a weird CT note and 

beads over 5% ? hmmm wondering if I should even bother now ??? Thoughts??? 

Edited by Moonstar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

Which ones do you have that you like ... what type of wax do you use ? Thanks ! Now Im ordering Jfears Summer Scoop suggestion lol !

Oh Moonstar, I would love to be able to tell you which wax I use and like, but am still testing like mad over here.  I judged them OOB so far and have loved the following:

Fire roasted marshmallow

Island fresh gain

PPW

Zucchini bread

Mulled cider

Vanilla buttercream crunch

Birthday cake (still on the fence about this one) but again its just OOB

4 minutes ago, lovelyscents said:

Oh Moonstar, I would love to be able to tell you which wax I use and like, but am still testing like mad over here.  I judged them OOB so far and have loved the following:

Fire roasted marshmallow

Island fresh gain

PPW

Zucchini bread

Mulled cider

Vanilla buttercream crunch

Birthday cake (still on the fence about this one) but again its just OOB

Thank you so much - I really appreciate you getting back. Regarding wax melts - Ive been pretty happy for the most part with Ecosoya Pillar and either 6006 or 4630

i didn't care for RE wax tart/pillar. Im wondering id the vanilla ice cream Fo's basically smell like a vanilla FO ??? The vanilla buttercream crunch you mentioned 

sounds really yummy :)