My dying (gasp) req... (gasp) you gotta tell'm for (gasp) me...

Sponiebr

I think... (gasp) This may be the end (cough) of ( gasp) me... 

I... I spilled... half... a ( gasp) ounce... (wheeze) of... (GACK!!!) plooooo.... (gasp) plumeria... 

Yep. I spilled 1/2 of 1 ounce of plumeria FO on the table top... Somebody PLEASE SHOOT ME!!! I'm in plumeria HELL!!!! Oh gawd it's BAD!!!!! It's in my NOSE, it's in my BRAIN, I can THINK the smell of plumeria... It's EVERYWHERE... (shudders) 

So, when the cops find my body on the floor, somebody's gotta tell'm that the photo below is actually "supposed" to be soap... M'kay? Promise? Come on! Pinky swear on it!!! 

I swear it's not what it looks like!!! 
20161205_225827.jpg

Oh... Didn't I learn some things tonight! Here are some of the highlights: 

1. DO NOT SPILL PLUMERIA FO EVER!!!! (note to self: Self: When you open a bottle of FO and have gotten what you need out of it you DO NOT SET the bottle DOWN again until AFTER the cap is back ON the bottle and SCREWED DOWN TIGHT!!!! 

2. High temp fluid HP soap has GREAT potential, IF I can figure out how to do it without killing, or maiming myself and/or destroying the building I'm working in. GREAT POTENTIAL. YUGE!!! THE BIGGEST!

3. Honey is evil. Stop using it in soap. (Seriously Mr. Executor of Bad Ideas...  ENOUGH with the honey! It turns everything orange and then brown. STAHPPIT!!!! ) 

4. Actively beating back a batch of volcanoing soap is one EXHILARATING and EXHAUSTING experience! I might also add that it is an experience that one must be FULLY committed to, and FULLY aware of what the consequences are. When in doubt on this one: RUN!!!! (I should have.)

5. That lye stays active in the HP soap A LOT LONGER than I thought it would! (See items 3 and 4 in order)

6. The fragrance of a soap should in some way match it's color and or texture... That soap above in a Chocolate Brownie, a Brown Sugar Fig, or Apple Butter would be WELL received. In plumeria... Not so much! The soap was SUPPOSED to be light cream colored with wisps of bronzish green/teal mica highlights and tint, but it's 5H!7 brown (see above bullets No.'s 3-5) 

Yeah so... One of those insightful 28 hour days for me... Interesting on the whole, if slightly traumatizing in many aspects...  Still, I really like this super fast and fluid HP idea, and now that I see that it is possible  to do, I should like to dabble a bit more in this area. 

Anyway, if the cops ask; That's the story, or at least ALL of the story that I'm willing to confess to. Have my remains thrown into Kilauea, Pele outta get a kick out of my plumeria embalmed body. 

Slainte! 

Sponiebr: The Executor of BAD Idea's IS BACK and there is HELL to PAY!!!!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Moonstar said:

You have a way of reeling me in just to read what you've posted lol ! You mentioned you live with your dad ??? OOHH the stories your dad must have LMAO !!!!! 

I'm like a train wreck! You don't WANT to look, but you you HAVE to look...  :eek2:

Yeah, there's NO way I did this at my dad's. I usually make soap in my spare time at, erm, "a facility that I have access to 40 hours per week..." ;)   

4 hours ago, TallTayl said:

I can't wait to see them cooled and finished. The thought of plumeria throughout the house makes me want to hurl.

There's a LOT about making soap and the smells associated with it that keep me from making my soap where I sleep. Apparently I did a good job cleaning up my mess because the person that I relieve didn't punch me out, (I called ahead to make sure I could come into the building with no harm to my person), and when I walked through the door I was shocked, (SHOCKED I tells ya), that it didn't smell like ploo! 

Anywho, here's the mess all rough trimmed up and out of their molds. A Disher called it Dino poo and I think that is just about as apropos as it gets.  And so without any further ado I present to you DINO POO!!!!!! (Singular faint squeeky "yay!")
 20161206_221038.jpg

Side note: Those crappy silicone $3.97 dino molds from Walmart, kick arse! They're nice and heavy, release well and have nice cavity sizes. The brand is "Way to Celebrate" Dinosaur Silicone Pan. 

ETA: The black tints are charcoal swirls... I was TRYING to save it at some level. 

Edited by Sponiebr
  • Like 5