Powder Puff Girl

CBeardly

6 minutes ago, Candybee said:

What's it smell like? Can you describe it? If I were going to make a scent with that name I would mix a strawberry or berry type with baby powder.

It doesn't smell like basic baby powder or an "old lady" powder at all. It's hard to describe, but it is powdery with maybe some Sandalwood?

This is from the the web site:

"This fragrance brings you back to mom's vanity. Trying on her make up, patting your neck with that giant powder puff and wishing you were old enough to wear her grown up perfume. This is a delicate aroma with subtle powder and wood notes."

Im surprised they discontinued that one. Although Ive never used it before it seems like it was popular . I guess not or  they wouldn't have discontinued it.

Unless there were a lot of issues with the fragrance. Did you use it in soap or wax ? 

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

Im surprised they discontinued that one. Although Ive never used it before it seems like it was popular . I guess not or  they wouldn't have discontinued it.

Unless there were a lot of issues with the fragrance. Did you use it in soap or wax ? 

I've only used it in wax so far. I had ordered a pound of just before they discontinued it, thankfully. I'm keeping it all to myself. I love it & don't want to share. They said on the web site it was discontinued due to low sales but I'm quite surprised by that honestly.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2016 at 7:09 PM, Moonstar said:

I always wondered how their FO's did in wax . Which wax do you use, does it have a good HT ? Thanks for letting me know :) Ive been wanted to try 

their Snow Witch and Welcome Home . I have their Vanilla Milk but only used in soap so far.

Their FO's in wax are amazing. Arabian Nights is the only one that is just an 'ok' thrower for me. The rest are very good, and I've tried almost all of them since I've been working with Jo to be a wax tester for MO. 

Snow Witch I have to use .5 oz per lb or else it chokes me it's so strong. 

Vanilla Milk is strong too, but it's a very vanilla scent. 

I LOVE Golden Embargo too, but have only used that one in soap as well. 

52 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

Their FO's in wax are amazing. Arabian Nights is the only one that is just an 'ok' thrower for me. The rest are very good, and I've tried almost all of them since I've been working with Jo to be a wax tester for MO. 

Snow Witch I have to use .5 oz per lb or else it chokes me it's so strong. 

Vanilla Milk is strong too, but it's a very vanilla scent. 

I LOVE Golden Embargo too, but have only used that one in soap as well. 

Wow ! Great to hear, thank you for letting me know :) After the new year Im going to put some of the oils Ive been wanting to try in wax + get some 

from Mad Oils too. I was afraid they wouldn't work that well in wax though. Im testing 464 but I think Im going to test with different wicks. Im using 

CD's right now +getting a ton of mushrooming and they get so darn hot. But Im not giving up on them quite yet though. Im also thinking about mixing 

464 with palm wax and see how that does. I have ECO wicks to try with the 464 wax - Many on here report good results. So we'll see. Thanks again ! 

Do you have a all time fav from mad oils for wax - not sure which wax you use. 

Edited by Moonstar

1 minute ago, Moonstar said:

Do you have a all time fav from mad oils for wax - not sure which wax you use. 

I only use J50 (now IGI4636) for my containers, and a mix of several others for my pillars, tarts and votives. For votives mostly 4794. 

I have never gotten into the soy wax craze. I like my paraffin so much better. 

LOL and I just realized you weren't talking about my favorite wax, but my favorite FO from MO. 

I would say it would have to be Snow Witch, Vanilla Milk or Golden Embargo, however, I've liked most all I've tried. (which is most they have) 

Edited by Jcandleattic
  • Like 1