Black Friday Deals

jfear

Hello All!

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

It seems like all the major suppliers are having Black Friday deals except for Peak. Actually, I haven't received a newsletter from them since October! I hope they have one soon, if anyone knows let me know please!

Anyway, after making a huge Thanksgiving dinner yesterday, of course I'm back in the kitchen making candles today! I'm making tumblers with Flaming Candle's "Mocha Mint", it smells amazing! Just like Peppermint Patties!

What are you all making/buying this weekend? Please share! 

1 hour ago, jfear said:

Hello All!

It seems like all the major suppliers are having Black Friday deals except for Peak. Actually, I haven't received a newsletter from them since October! I hope they have one soon, if anyone knows let me know please!

Anyway, after making a huge Thanksgiving dinner yesterday, of course I'm back in the kitchen making candles today! I'm making tumblers with Flaming Candle's "Mocha Mint", it smells amazing! Just like Peppermint Patties!

I should give that one a try. I bought Peppermint Bark from JS and it smells AMAZING OOB + while curing, however, during the test burn it smelled really odd :( 

I still don't know if its the chocolate or the peppermint or the combo of these 2 oils that changes while burning. Could even be the wicks ??? IDK 

I used 464 soy and CD wicks. Im so bummed because I really loved the FO. Have you tried many chocolate FO's - have you ever experienced that ?

Im wondering if I try the same FO in wax melts if I'll have better luck ??? Did you use it in melts or a candle ? 

Edited by Moonstar

2 hours ago, Moonstar said:

I should give that one a try. I bought Peppermint Bark from JS and it smells AMAZING OOB + while curing, however, during the test burn it smelled really odd :( 

I still don't know if its the chocolate or the peppermint or the combo of these 2 oils that changes while burning. Could even be the wicks ??? IDK 

I used 464 soy and CD wicks. Im so bummed because I really loved the FO. Have you tried many chocolate FO's - have you ever experienced that ?

Im wondering if I try the same FO in wax melts if I'll have better luck ??? Did you use it in melts or a candle ? 

I haven't experienced that with the FO I'm using, it could just be the Just Scent oil. I use HTP wicks and 4786/4627 blend.

I will say that I had been searching for a great Peppermint Patty and finally found it with Flaming Candle. I had tried Lonestar's Peppermint Bark and it was putrid and just odd.

As far as your fo, I remember going through something similar with citrus fos, they smelled fine cured but once burning they created this odd fuel smell. It's something scientific that a conclusion could never be drawn on. 

Oh the frustrations of candlemaking! Yet we keep doing it, it's madness!

Edited by jfear
  • Like 1

Update: Finally received the Black Friday promo for Peak. They said they were keeping it simple and are offering $15 off $100 or more. They are still out of stock with 4786 and have been for over 4 months now. Bummer, if they had it I would have a justifiable reason to spend $100!

Edited by jfear

5 hours ago, jfear said:

Hello All!

Just got my Peak email -not sure if you got the email as well, so heres what their offering. Hope it helps :) 

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?m=1102110602771&ca=52531f26-58b0-44c5-b2ca-712128d6caf8

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kandlekrazy said:

I'm wondering what is going on with Peak.  I've been checking on a couple of scents for about 6 weeks now and still out of stock!  I've seen others post about multiple scents not being stocked and wax as well.

If you get a chance, chat with them when online and they will let you know what's going on or an arrival date. I had to do that with several oils. I also told them what I was wanting to get and some of the stuff just hadn't been updated online is what they said. However, if they've not gotten something in a few months, it's understandable to be concerned. A few, myself included, have been concerned about the lack of stock. I wonder if they are feeling out the kinks from their move. 

1 hour ago, Scented said:

If you get a chance, chat with them when online and they will let you know what's going on or an arrival date. I had to do that with several oils. I also told them what I was wanting to get and some of the stuff just hadn't been updated online is what they said. However, if they've not gotten something in a few months, it's understandable to be concerned. A few, myself included, have been concerned about the lack of stock. I wonder if they are feeling out the kinks from their move. 

Thanks, I'll do that if it's not in stock by Monday.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2016 at 7:33 AM, Scented said:

I wonder if they are feeling out the kinks from their move. 

They shouldn't be. They've had the PA location for over 5 years or so now, so it's not like it's a new facility. They just shut down their Denver location, and shipped everything to PA. 

9 hours ago, Scented said:

Yeah, but Alan and Nachelle are still in Denver no? 

I have no idea, but even if they are, the company should still run the same as it has for the last 5 years. The move shouldn't have affected it, only added to their stock, that's all I'm saying. 

I guess, for me it doesn't matter much. Since they moved from Denver, I can no longer afford them usually, so rarely if ever buy from them. The higher prices were okay when they were here because I didn't have to worry about shipping, especially for wax, but now, I just can't afford buying from them, and have shipping included. 

• Like 1

Peak used to be my favorite supplier and sadly between the lack in stock and the turn-around times I've been using other suppliers. I placed an order last Sunday night and by Wednesday it still had not been processed. I contacted them and she said they have been behind because of the Holiday. It was finally supposed to arrive on Friday and UPS forgot to put my box on the truck and I have to wait till Monday. Double whammy! So, $18 shipping to get my order 8 days later. 

On a positive note, I have truly been enjoying Flaming Candle's Christmas FOs; the throws are really strong with my melts even after only a one-night cure. Flaming Candle ships super fast as well, which is always appreciated!

Edited by jfear