Talking about a Smore's candle ....again

Trappeur

Ok, for Smore's you use marshmallow, graham crackers, and chocolate

I know this has been discussed in different threads but they are all spread out over the forum! lol.....and I can't even find a few....so my questions are:

1.  Would hot chocolate work for a smores better than just chocolate?

2.  I have so many chocolates it's disgusting...just have to test test test.  What are some of your favorite chocolates?  I think a Hersheys is what I think would be the best.

3.  I don't have any graham cracker - only pie crust....so who makes the most authentic graham cracker that you would recommend.

4.  Who's marshmallow do you recommend?  I just got one from Front porch and haven't tried it in this combo....

Thankyou.

Trappeur

Are you thinking of mixing the 3 scents or layering?  The only reason I'm asking is some straight chocolates are downright gross when you burn them, seem to be better in melts.  Hot chocolate is good either way, well at least the ones I've used.  I also HAD a million chocolates and a million mints trying to duplicate a fo and I never could get it.  Most of the chocolates got dumped.  I really like Toasted Marshmallow in smores and there is def another post here about smores that has the graham cracker fo or something that worked.

didn't you mention Bitter Creek has a smores ? Indiana has a iced graham cracker + I think NG has a graham cracker. Not sure how authentic they are though.

I agree about the chocolates are hit + miss when burning in a candle, most to me end of smelling like bitter dark chocolate. Im wondering how a chocolate cake

might work out or would you end up smelling too much cake ? I have a chocolate devils food cake in my cart from WSP and I believe Indaianna has one as well

as NG. Im with you - i prefer a Hershey's type chocolate :) 

Edited by Moonstar

I think I may have found the link you're thinking of, I bumped it -- I read recently that The Candle Source has a good chocolate cake, can anyone second that opinion?  It seems as though chocolate might be a good base for smores, but not as a top note, so a small amount of a good chocolate or fudge would probably be good.

SC Chocolate is wonderful 

I never did a smores blend but if I were I would use this with AH/RE marshmallow and CS Hansel and gretal.....to me this is sickly sweet graham cracker - I can't take it alone it makes me nauseous but in a blend.....maybe 

I have never tried a straight graham cracker 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

Are you thinking of mixing the 3 scents or layering?  The only reason I'm asking is some straight chocolates are downright gross when you burn them, seem to be better in melts.  Hot chocolate is good either way, well at least the ones I've used.  I also HAD a million chocolates and a million mints trying to duplicate a fo and I never could get it.  Most of the chocolates got dumped.  I really like Toasted Marshmallow in smores and there is def another post here about smores that has the graham cracker fo or something that worked.

I'm mixing the fragrances...and actually putting it together right now as I type.....lol

Trappeur

21 hours ago, Moonstar said:

didn't you mention Bitter Creek has a smores ? Indiana has a iced graham cracker + I think NG has a graham cracker. Not sure how authentic they are though.

I agree about the chocolates are hit + miss when burning in a candle, most to me end of smelling like bitter dark chocolate. Im wondering how a chocolate cake

might work out or would you end up smelling too much cake ? I have a chocolate devils food cake in my cart from WSP and I believe Indaianna has one as well

as NG. Im with you - i prefer a Hershey's type chocolate :) 

I thought BC had one.....pretty sure they did, but I went and looked and it's not there anymore.  I went to Natures Garden site and they actually have their recipe for a smore's candle and they recommend this all in their fragrances:  Chocolate Fudge, Graham Cracker and Toasted Marshmallow.  Well, I'm making a couple different ones right this very minute....They all smell awesome!

Trappeur

4 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

I thought BC had one.....pretty sure they did, but I went and looked and it's not there anymore.  I went to Natures Garden site and they actually have their recipe for a smore's candle and they recommend this all in their fragrances:  Chocolate Fudge, Graham Cracker and Toasted Marshmallow.  Well, I'm making a couple different ones right this very minute....They all smell awesome!

Trappeur

OMG I was on NG site + saw the same thing lol ! Bitter Creek does have one or they did as of 3 days ago - I think its called campfire marshmall

http://cart.candlesupply.com/Smores-pr-19071.html#.WByNUTv0v9A

Edited by Moonstar

14 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

OMG I was on NG site + saw the same thing lol ! Bitter Creek does have one or they did as of 3 days ago - I think its called campfire marshmall

http://cart.candlesupply.com/Smores-pr-19071.html#.WByNUTv0v9A

oh, no wonder I couldn't find it...I just typed Smore"s.....I need to order some more pumpkin cheesecake, mac apple and butterrum allspice, northwoods Christmas so I'll get come Campfire Marshmallow!!!!That's great.  Years ago, I believe I did get some of the Campfire and was very happy with it.  I have to say Bittercreek I've always liked.  Thanks Moonstar!:)

Trappeur