Havana from Flaming Candles

YAMS

Has anyone tried Havana FO from The Flaming Candle? I ordered a sample size and I am wondering if it is a strong FO.   I live in Miami and I am sure it could be a hit with friends and family if it were a nice scent.  

I've used it.  I didn't find it very strong in 6006, but admittedly all I tested was an 8 oz mason jar.  It does benefit from a long cure, and I only cured that one a few days.  It is good and strong in palm, and it is strong in my paraffin melts. I bought an 8oz to test with, and that is the extent of my testing so far. 

• Like 1

On October 20, 2016 at 4:38 PM, bfroberts said:

I've used it.  I didn't find it very strong in 6006, but admittedly all I tested was an 8 oz mason jar.  It does benefit from a long cure, and I only cured that one a few days.  It is good and strong in palm, and it is strong in my paraffin melts. I bought an 8oz to test with, and that is the extent of my testing so far. 

I use 4627 so I will give it a try and post the results.  Thanks 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KrisS said:

Please share your results. :)

That said, there's nothing preventing you from creating a Cuban-inspired fragrance line with things you've either mixed or renamed.   

krisS not a bad idea.  I am so new to this that I wouldn't know what scents to begin with.  If you have any ideas send them my way.   Thanks

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

I too like Kris's idea ! A cuban inspired fragrance line sounds awesome ! Are there any cuban drinks (cocktails) that can translate into a candle? 

Now you guys are inspiring me ! :):)

Cuban COFFEE!

cigars

mojito!

• Like 2

On 10/25/2016 at 7:31 PM, earthfriendly said:

Guarapo (sugar cane juice) I love me some guarapo!  Use to drink it all the time when I lived in Florida.;)

Oh yes, I love GUARAPO.  I haven't had one in years!!!    

Just an update on this.... I found Mojito at CS and Nature's Garden.   Cuban Tobacco at Rustic Essentials.   Bamboo Sugar Cane (the closest to sugarcane) by Rustic Essentials and Cognac & Cubans by Nature's Garden.   I have to put these to try.  Not sure how they will blend together though....   Thanks for all the wonderful ideas.  

3 minutes ago, YAMS said:

Just an update on this.... I found Mojito at CS and Nature's Garden.   Cuban Tobacco at Rustic Essentials.   Bamboo Sugar Cane (the closest to sugarcane) by Rustic Essentials and Cognac & Cubans by Nature's Garden.   I have to put these to try.  Not sure how they will blend together though....   Thanks for all the wonderful ideas.  

How is the cuban tobacco from RE ? 

20 hours ago, Moonstar said:

How is the cuban tobacco from RE ? 

Pretty potent. Smells like a fresh cigar to me. I used it in a special steampunk blend and it sold strongly. I just don't love cigar smell, so I have been avoiding it. 

• Like 1

@YAMS Bamboo sugar cane is very tart. Sweet and tart. Strong too. It is nice to blend with, throws well in my wax and plays well in my soap formula. I use it sparingly to blend where I need a bright note. 

Mojito, I have smelled both of those. Comes down to if you want a minty version or not. Neither really wowed me. WSP has a mojito I liked a little more than either of those. Add a little sparkle with a champagne for a nice summery scent. You might want to blend one using a spearmint, sugarcane, lime, etc. I got close to one I liked for soap using litsea cubeba (very lemony), lime, spearmint, & champagne. The blend with bamboo sugarcane, champagne and spearmint was nice too. 

On 10/20/2016 at 4:38 PM, bfroberts said:

this is good information BFroberts.   May i ask what percentage FO you used?