Labels

Not sure if this is the right section for this but could not find another. What are reasonable recommendations for jar or jar lid labels? Is it cheaper to make your own? If so, what printer do you recommend because I would need to buy one. Or is it cheaper to have someone make them for you like vistaprint? I do not know what you call them or where you would even by the blank ones, but I like they country looking ones that look kinda of like they are printed on paper sack type material or something similiar to it. Anything really that is simple and cheap. I even like the simple labels that 1803 Candles use. They use a small round sturdy label with a small hole punch and elastic band around the top of the containers and then and very small sticky label with scent name attached to container. Any suggestions appreciated. Even if you sale your services I'm interested. Thanks, Pam

I buy my labels and print them myself -- if you have some creative talent on the lettering, it's much cheaper to do it yourself.  Plus, you can make any changes, just print a few labels, have various shapes and sizes, etc.!! 

Here's what I think you may be looking for:  http://www.labelsbythesheet.com/items/brown-kraft-labels/light-brown-kraft-labels/list.htm

As for a printer, mine is a very non-fancy (lol) inkjet, Canon Pixma.

• Like 2

The label on the jar looks like a kraft label. Kraft labels come in a variety of looks so you can choose one that suits your tastes. Most label suppliers carry kraft labels as well as colored, glossy, white, gold, silver, etc.

I buy my labels from Labels by the Sheet and make my own. I use a label making program you can download for free from Avery.

Also, you can buy hang tags on sheets and print them yourself.

I had my labels printed for me once and ended up not using them. I find I make better labels than what they had to offer so I continue to make my own.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 3

Online labels have the Kraft round ones, I use these and they have a software program built right in to design your own called maestro 

I do have mine printed elsewhere because I use a border on my round ones and out of the 5 printers I have between home and work I cannot get them to print on center- they are always way off but the labels are great and reasonably priced 

• Like 3

One thing I'd like to mention is that ink jet printers give a crisp look and the lettering would stand out on a regular kraft label ... not sure how inkjet does on them, the ink might sink in a bit and show less contrast -- maybe that's one thing about the light kraft -- could possibly work better with an inkjet.  I don't know for sure, it's just a guess.

On September 30, 2016 at 7:40 PM, kandlekrazy said:

For small quantities I have found Labels by the Sheet to be cheaper. If you purchase 100 + sheets I think they are pretty close in price with online labels.

Labels by the sheet carries both the light and darker brown kraft labels.

I didn't know they sell labels by the sheet ? Where do you get them at ? Thanks :) 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Moonstar said:

I didn't know they sell labels by the sheet ? Where do you get them at ? Thanks :) 

labelsbythesheet.com

It's a great way to try several labels for several containers without investing a ton.  I think up to 100 sheets they send in a flat rate env.

Edited by kandlekrazy
  • Like 2

Hi Pam!!

I print my own labels also. You can save lots of money doing them yourself. A person can make such beautiful labels on their own and it is such fun...especially when you see the end result. I use onlinelabels.com also. You can also buy single sheets from them....I just love their Maestro label designer...you can do itty bitty labels or you can create your own designs for craft show signs that are 8x11 and larger (which is really nice) . :)  If you get on their primary page go to the bottom and you can see customer creations that can give you inspiration under the miscellaneous heading and other great tips, videos etc. (I copied and pasted so you could see what you would look for) When you purchase labels from them, they give you free use of the Maestro Designer...the more labels you buy, the more time you are given to use the Maestro Designer. Have fun! :)

Miscellaneous

• Like 2

1 hour ago, puma52 said:

Hi Pam!!

I print my own labels also. You can save lots of money doing them yourself. A person can make such beautiful labels on their own and it is such fun...especially when you see the end result. I use onlinelabels.com also. You can also buy single sheets from them....I just love their Maestro label designer...you can do itty bitty labels or you can create your own designs for craft show signs that are 8x11 and larger (which is really nice) . :)  If you get on their primary page go to the bottom and you can see customer creations that can give you inspiration under the miscellaneous heading and other great tips, videos etc. (I copied and pasted so you could see what you would look for) When you purchase labels from them, they give you free use of the Maestro Designer...the more labels you buy, the more time you are given to use the Maestro Designer. Have fun! :)

Miscellaneous

Wow, I've been on here browsing a while and still not through. Spent a lot of time looking at customer creations and still going to look at more of those, but I've also been been reading about labels and the different types since I have never made a single one before. Thank you for all the informative info!!

• Like 1

I am so happy you are enjoying Pam! I have bought a subscription from http://www.iclipart.com/  downloaded several pics from that site to put on my labels. I have also bought a subscription from http://www.canstockphoto.com/

and downloaded some pics from this site to use on my labels. So much fun and you can create unique labels to make yourself stand out from the crowd. When you buy these subscriptions, they only let you download so many a day...so MAKE SURE you download to the max every day so you get as many wonderful pics as possible. :)  Also always check out what the "big guys" are doing such as Yankee, Bath and Body Works etc are doing with their labels....so much inspiration and ideas out there to get you going. :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1