Bitter Creek Suggestions

bells4shells

I have never ordered from BC before, but I happen to have a bottle of an older Bubble n Lights scent that they carry.  I need more of it and well... I guess I don't feel right just purchasing the one item.  LOL

Any suggestions on FOs I should try?  I tend to gravitate towards bakery, upscale and unique blends.

Well, so far I have this in my cart....

Cookie Jar (BnL)

Hayride (BnL)
Olive Blossom (BnL)
Persimmon Spice (BnL)
Queen of the Nile (BnL)
Wild Jasmine (BnL)
Stonehenge Type
Chocolate Chip Cookie
Buttercream Crunch
Buttery Gingerbread
Funnel Cake
Sissy's Sugar Cookies
Whipped Cream
Tidal Wave
Lime Leaf & Lily

• Like 1

If you haven't tried their basil, sage and mint, it's a good one. Its the unique spa-ish scent that could be renamed something else. The combination has been great in terms of alleviating headaches honestly. 

If you try 24 carat, I'd be interested to know what it's like. 

Well just in gazing at their list ... a buttercream crunch. Wondering if it's worth trying. 

Ive only ordered once from them , about 6 months ago. I didn't get any of the ones on your list though. Unfortunately, I didn't like my choices but 

your sounds really good. Especially cookie jar + hay ride. lavender was one of my choices + to me smelled too soapy if that makes sense. I also

got  Sissy's cookie, it was ok, but I've used much nicer. This of course is just my opinion. Let us know how you like them !

I've always loved BC and really never had any duds what so ever.

Hot Apple Pie

Pumpkin Cheesecake (was BCS) but they have it now......absolutely so yummy!  My most requested...

Spiced Cranberry

Strawberry Jam

Blueberry Muffin

Hayride

Buttercream Crunch

Olive Blossom

Butter Rum Allspice (wow!  great for the holidays....just got another bottle this week)

Northwoods Christmas (Another wonderful winner)

Country Berry Hotcakes

Macintosh Apple

Roasted Chestnuts

S'mores

Vanilla Bean Supreme

Mistletoe

Rice Flower and Shea

I never had much luck with Sissy's sugar cookies.

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, moonshine said:

The following I use from them and love:

hayride

strawberry jam

hyacinth

biscotti (very heavy good)

tomato leaf

I have samples that I haven't used yet but plan to of their basil, sage & mint- Stonehenge 

leather 

pearberry

hinokiwood & cypress

Ooh, I may have to add biscotti and hinokiwood & cypress to my list.  Is the strawberry jam a true strawberry scent?  How does their leather compare to Peaks - do you know?

17 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Ive only ordered once from them , about 6 months ago. I didn't get any of the ones on your list though. Unfortunately, I didn't like my choices but 

your sounds really good. Especially cookie jar + hay ride. lavender was one of my choices + to me smelled too soapy if that makes sense. I also

got  Sissy's cookie, it was ok, but I've used much nicer. This of course is just my opinion. Let us know how you like them !

Yep, I totally get what you mean by soapy.  I think I would like that since I tend to gravitate towards lavender blends rather than straight, but can certainly see why you were disappointed.

16 hours ago, puma52 said:

Harvest

Pumpkin Cheesecake

Pucker Up

Spiced Cranberry

Totally agree with Moonshine - Tomato Leaf - Smells exactly like you rubbed a tomato plant leaf...LOVE! :)

They have some real winners. :)

You piqued my curiosity with Pucker Up.  I don't see it on their site though.  I have Raspberry Tomato Leaf from RE and get that smell you're referring to and I like the added berry note.  Do you use Tomato Leaf as a mixer or straight?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Trappeur said:

I've always loved BC and really never had any duds what so ever.

Hot Apple Pie

Pumpkin Cheesecake (was BCS) but they have it now......absolutely so yummy!  My most requested...

Spiced Cranberry

Strawberry Jam

Blueberry Muffin

Hayride

Buttercream Crunch

Olive Blossom

Butter Rum Allspice (wow!  great for the holidays....just got another bottle this week)

Northwoods Christmas (Another wonderful winner)

Country Berry Hotcakes

Macintosh Apple

Roasted Chestnuts

S'mores

Vanilla Bean Supreme

Mistletoe

Rice Flower and Shea

I never had much luck with Sissy's sugar cookies.

Trappeur

Well, I think I'm going to have to try the Pumpkin Cheesecake.  I think a couple of you mentioned that one.  haha  And butter rum allspice.  I don't think I would have picked that one up on my own!
A few of you said Sissy's sugar cookies wasn't a great one for you.  Does sissy's have a buttery tone or is it more straight sugar cookie?

Thanks for all the suggestions! :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bells4shells said:

Well, I think I'm going to have to try the Pumpkin Cheesecake.  I think a couple of you mentioned that one.  haha  And butter rum allspice.  I don't think I would have picked that one up on my own!
A few of you said Sissy's sugar cookies wasn't a great one for you.  Does sissy's have a buttery tone or is it more straight sugar cookie?

Thanks for all the suggestions! :)

Sissy's sugar cookie smells good but it's not as rich as other sugar cookies in my opinion. It smells like Snicker Doodle from Southern Scentsations (I think it's that one). It does smell good though but kind of light to my nose. I personally like the sugar cookie from Peak or FB better or Frosted Sugar Cookie from ICS.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bells4shells said:

You piqued my curiosity with Pucker Up.  I don't see it on their site though.  I have Raspberry Tomato Leaf from RE and get that smell you're referring to and I like the added berry note.  Do you use Tomato Leaf as a mixer or straight?

OOPS!!!I'm so sorry... I mean't Lemon Pucker ! :embarassed2:  I loved to blend the Tomato Leaf w/dirt and cucumber and also make it by itself. You will love the Pumpkin Cheesecake! :)

Edited by puma52

2 hours ago, Belinda said:

Sissy's sugar cookie smells good but it's not as rich as other sugar cookies in my opinion. It smells like Snicker Doodle from Southern Scentsations (I think it's that one). It does smell good though but kind of light to my nose. I personally like the sugar cookie from Peak or FB better or Frosted Sugar Cookie from ICS.

Thanks!  I'm always looking for good cookie scents and all of the ones you've mentioned, I haven't tried yet so I'll have to add those to my buy list.  I think I'll go ahead and keep sissy's in my cart so I can at least see what I think.  If anything, I can always mix it right? :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, puma52 said:

OOPS!!!I'm so sorry... I mean't Lemon Pucker ! :embarassed2:  I loved to blend the Tomato Leaf w/dirt and cucumber and also make it by itself. You will love the Pumpkin Cheesecake! :)

Ahhh!  Thanks for letting me know. :D  Tomato Leaf and cucumber sounds like it would be amazing!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bells4shells said:

Ooh, I may have to add biscotti and hinokiwood & cypress to my list.  Is the strawberry jam a true strawberry scent?  How does their leather compare to Peaks - do you know?

Strawberry Jam is identical to making freezer strawberry jam yourself- it's a very sugary strawberry- perfection IMO 

I have never tried peaks leather to compare but BCN's is a softer one which I like....I can't handle strong leathers 

2 hours ago, puma52 said:

Puma ... i ordered from them about 6 months or so and I found the Fo's had a powdery note to them. If I remember correctly I got Lavender 

Blueberry Verbena and a few others others. The vanilla did not have that powder note but I didn't care for it. Does the pumpkin cheesecake 

have a powdery note. Based on the reviews here Id like to try it but I'm afraid to order again... what do you think ? Have you tried Indiannas 

pumpkin cheesecake   ? I have it in my cart to try along with others. Her blueberry cheesecake has good reviews to . Hope you chime in 

and offer your opinion :) Its now just BCN would the oils be different than BCS ? 

Edited by Moonstar

Moon star, I know what you mean about their FO's having a sort of different smell to them. To me it's almost a nutty type smell. BCS was the same way to my nose. I do use a couple of their FO's but not very many because of that odd scent that some of them have.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Puma ... i ordered from them about 6 months or so and I found the Fo's had a powdery note to them. If I remember correctly I got Lavender 

Blueberry Verbena and a few others others. The vanilla did not have that powder note but I didn't care for it. Does the pumpkin cheesecake 

have a powdery note. Based on the reviews here Id like to try it but I'm afraid to order again... what do you think ? Have you tried Indiannas 

pumpkin cheesecake   ? I have it in my cart to try along with others. Her blueberry cheesecake has good reviews to . Hope you chime in 

and offer your opinion :) Its now just BCN would the oils be different than BCS ? 

Morning Moonstar!

I do not purchase a lot of oils from Bittercreek, North but the Pumpkin Cheesecake is the one that BCS used to carry and it is delicious! :) I also love their All Hollows Eve...but I call it Harvest Moon...a very nice scent.  I make candles w/a pumpkin colored bottom (3/4) jar full ...let it cool till just set and then pour the rest of the jar w/a cream colored wax and put wax embed putka pods or pumpkins on top...so cute! I have never tried ICS P Cheesecake, but ICS is the bomb with a lot of scents...they are wonderful! :)

45 minutes ago, puma52 said:

Morning Moonstar!

I do not purchase a lot of oils from Bittercreek, North but the Pumpkin Cheesecake is the one that BCS used to carry and it is delicious! :) I also love their All Hollows Eve...but I call it Harvest Moon...a very nice scent.  I make candles w/a pumpkin colored bottom (3/4) jar full ...let it cool till just set and then pour the rest of the jar w/a cream colored wax and put wax embed putka pods or pumpkins on top...so cute! I have never tried ICS P Cheesecake, but ICS is the bomb with a lot of scents...they are wonderful! :)

Thanks Puma ... Have you recently ordered the Pumpkin Cheesecake . if you did wasn't it from BCN since South is no longer open ? sorry to be such a bother :) 

12 hours ago, Belinda said:

Moon star, I know what you mean about their FO's having a sort of different smell to them. To me it's almost a nutty type smell. BCS was the same way to my nose. I do use a couple of their FO's but not very many because of that odd scent that some of them have.

Im now debating if I should go ahead and get the Pumpkin Cheesecake + the Strawberry Jam everyone raves about. The Pumpkin Pie (KY) from RE

has that weird nutty scent too. Im sure it changes when you put it in wax but OOB IDK smells odd, to my nose anyhow. To my nose CS Pumpkin Pie 

smells exactly like Pumpkin Pie + not overly spiced, I like it. Funny how all of our noses smell differently lol ! 

I use the pumpkin pie from CS but it is weak to me in soy- I haven't found another pumpkin yet I like so I plan to mix FB pumpkin with Fillmore nutmeg ginger to see what I get....I think candybee uses pumpkin soufflé mixed with pumpkin pie and I need to try that again as well but the soufflé smelled burnt to me 

So it is very funny how we all smell differently

• Like 1

For my palm wax I have had good luck with:

Cinnamon Surprise

Hayride

Lemon Pucker

Lilac

Mistletoe

Mulberry

Northwoods Christmas

Sage & Citrus

Sleighbells

There have been others too but that is what I use in my inventory right now.  

• Like 1