Some reviews I have.

Trappeur

Been doing a lot of testing on new fragrances so here are some of my reviews.

Frasier Fir (CS)

After a 15 day cure, I found this fragrance beautiful and the closest of any vendor to a match for Thymes Frasier.

This is not a pine sole smelling pine but a different pine.

The hot throw (burning it) is much stronger than the cold throw so don't let the cold throw mislead you.  

It's a beautiful scent which I find not overpowering which some pines can really take you for a loop.  It's strong and very smooth at the same time and very different than an ordinary pine like Fillmores Balsam which is in a class all by its self. herh

I give it a 10 for throw strength and for a unique scent.  It is now I now going to be a staple in my line of candles.

Candle Science really has classy fragrances and I really have not had any duds from them.  I find their fragrances to be true to their name and have never considered any of their fragrances to be fake.

My blend of Bourbon soaked raisins (Flaming) and My Pumpkin Pie.

After a 2 week cure I found a wonderful blend and I stink at them!  You can smell the pumpkin pie, the crust (I'm heavy on that) and the bourbon.  It's a different take on pumpkin pie.  All the fragrances blended well together.  I think I'm going to add some more plain bourbon to the blend and it will take it up a notch.

Trappeur

• Like 7

Congrats on your blend.  It sounds lovely!

I just wanted to echo your review of CS Fraser Fir.  I burned my tester yesterday, and it really is so nice.  A very, very good Thymes match.  The throw was great at 6% in 6006.  I'll be adding this to my lineup as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

Been doing a lot of testing on new fragrances so here are some of my reviews.

Frasier Fir (CS)

After a 15 day cure, I found this fragrance beautiful and the closest of any vendor to a match for Thymes Frasier.

This is not a pine sole smelling pine but a different pine.

The hot throw (burning it) is much stronger than the cold throw so don't let the cold throw mislead you.  

It's a beautiful scent which I find not overpowering which some pines can really take you for a loop.  It's strong and very smooth at the same time and very different than an ordinary pine like Fillmores Balsam which is in a class all by its self. herh

I give it a 10 for throw strength and for a unique scent.  It is now I now going to be a staple in my line of candles.

Candle Science really has classy fragrances and I really have not had any duds from them.  I find their fragrances to be true to their name and have never considered any of their fragrances to be fake.

My blend of Bourbon soaked raisins (Flaming) and My Pumpkin Pie.

After a 2 week cure I found a wonderful blend and I stink at them!  You can smell the pumpkin pie, the crust (I'm heavy on that) and the bourbon.  It's a different take on pumpkin pie.  All the fragrances blended well together.  I think I'm going to add some more plain bourbon to the blend and it will take it up a notch.

Trappeur

You phrased it perfectly - Classy scents. I find their quality superb + like you said no fake smelling FO's - or the many that Ive tried anyhow. Does adding 

the Raisin Soaked Bourbon make it smell like something other than pumpkin pie or just enhances it . Honestly you need to try CS Blood Orange - if you 

like fresh, bright orange, this one is fantastic. If you've never tried one you should. They originated in Sicily + Spain + are used in everything from cooking

(using the juice to desserts + sorbets .  Thanks for posting - as always they are very helpful :)

30 minutes ago, bfroberts said:

I just wanted to echo your review of CS Fraser Fir.  I burned my tester yesterday, and it really is so nice.  A very, very good Thymes match.  The throw was great at 6% in 6006.  I'll be adding this to my lineup as well. 

May I ask what wicks do you find work best in 6006. I tried CS ECO wicks but find that they smoke in that wax ? I have a bunch of CS 4 oz tins Im thinking 

of using up . I wanna use up my 6006 wax + try again with 464 . Thanks :) 

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

May I ask what wicks do you find work best in 6006. I tried CS ECO wicks but find that they smoke in that wax ? I have a bunch of CS 4 oz tins Im thinking 

of using up . I wanna use up my 6006 wax + try again with 464 . Thanks :) 

I use zincs and love them.   I'm not sure the diameter of the 4oz tin.  I use 51-32's in the 8oz tin, but I know it's somewhat wider.  I would think the 4oz will take something between 44-24 and 44-32.  

• Like 1

Trappeur I really love your pumpkin and bourbon soaked raisons combo. Sounds like something I would like. The bourbon FO sound like one that could be used as a mixer to make a lot of new combs, like cake or cookie types, or fruits/dried fruit types. You got me thinking about it anyway! LOL

Next time I order from CS I want to get a sample of the Frazier Fir and try it out! During the holidays my Fillmore Christmas Tree sells so fast I can't keep up. I am thinking if the FF is as good as you say it is it would be another alternative to it and probably another best seller as well!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bfroberts said:

I use zincs and love them.   I'm not sure the diameter of the 4oz tin.  I use 51-32's in the 8oz tin, but I know it's somewhat wider.  I would think the 4oz will take something between 44-24 and 44-32.  

Thanks so much, that really helps me out ! Just did a quick google search and it looks like Lonestar carries them - thanks again :) 

Yes Fran, I do use 464:)

Ditto back at cha BF!  My first burn in a 5 1/2" diameter crystal I was going to do the 4 hour burn, but fell asleep and it wound up being a 6 hour burn.  I had it in the bedroom and as I walked by the scent was coming our from under the door.  It took a while for the scent to unfold out of the wax, but the 2'nd burn  2 days later as soon as i lit it in about 10 minutes that scent was really permeating...(is that a word?)

Good question Moonstar if the bourbon enhanced it or what...Yep It did enhance it I would say  It was like a different take on Pumpkin pie. I'm doing another sample candle now and am adding some more Kentucky Bourbon to it.  It doesn't need much.   When I did the blend, I knew raisins were good in pumpkin pie and for some odd thought, I thought bourbon (with just the right amount added) would go with the pumpkin.  And the shop in town who I do all the wine fragrances for, she wanted Thanksgiving and Christmas scents so I thought she might like this and she did.  Actually I gave her an 8oz tin to burn.  Oh yea, remember the post I put up for help in naming this combo, well she went with the Spiced Pumpkin Bourbon but then yesterday she redid her order and decided to go with a name she came up with called Drunken Pumpkin.....lol....Not much class to that name with the kind of shop she has......I just loved the ones you had put up and someone else put up one with Southern Comfort in that I liked too.  She asked if I liked it....I never answered her...he he he..  I have to place an order with CS and I will get a sample of the Blood orange.  The name has always turned me off and that's why I never ordered it, but I will tonight.

Candybee, you want me to send you an ounce of the FF?  I can?   You should like it...

Trappeur

'

19 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Yes Fran, I do use 464:)

Ditto back at cha BF!  My first burn in a 5 1/2" diameter crystal I was going to do the 4 hour burn, but fell asleep and it wound up being a 6 hour burn.  I had it in the bedroom and as I walked by the scent was coming our from under the door.  It took a while for the scent to unfold out of the wax, but the 2'nd burn  2 days later as soon as i lit it in about 10 minutes that scent was really permeating...(is that a word?)

Good question Moonstar if the bourbon enhanced it or what...Yep It did enhance it I would say  It was like a different take on Pumpkin pie. I'm doing another sample candle now and am adding some more Kentucky Bourbon to it.  It doesn't need much.   When I did the blend, I knew raisins were good in pumpkin pie and for some odd thought, I thought bourbon (with just the right amount added) would go with the pumpkin.  And the shop in town who I do all the wine fragrances for, she wanted Thanksgiving and Christmas scents so I thought she might like this and she did.  Actually I gave her an 8oz tin to burn.  Oh yea, remember the post I put up for help in naming this combo, well she went with the Spiced Pumpkin Bourbon but then yesterday she redid her order and decided to go with a name she came up with called Drunken Pumpkin.....lol....Not much class to that name with the kind of shop she has......I just loved the ones you had put up and someone else put up one with Southern Comfort in that I liked too.  She asked if I liked it....I never answered her...he he he..  I have to place an order with CS and I will get a sample of the Blood orange.  The name has always turned me off and that's why I never ordered it, but I will tonight.

Candybee, you want me to send you an ounce of the FF?  I can?   You should like it...

Trappeur

'

I can send you some of the Blood Orange so you can get an idea if you like it. It'll cost you too much in shipping for a sample. Really it's no biggie.

Send me you address + Ill get it out to you :) 

20 hours ago, bfroberts said:

This is good to know BFR .... plan on making over the weekend with the 6006 :)