Any opinions on Sandalwood Rose

Scented

I've tried one and it was great in another application other than wax, but I'm thinking it's too light for candles. The sandalwood definitely softens the rose quite a bit, but I think I would like a stronger scent overall. Anyone use this FO and what are your thoughts on it?

I just got Sandy Rose (sandalwood and rose) from Rustic Escentuals and am testing it in soy and am really liking it- you're right about the sandalwood softening the rose. I like it so much better than either a straight rose or sandalwood. I think too that sometimes a light scent is nice in candles- it doesn't always have to blow you out of a room!

Want my opinion? Probably not!! ROFLMAO

Actually, I've never used it and probably wouldn't just purely because of the sandalwood. BLECH

edited to add, that definitely sounds like a scent you would carry though! The name sounds really nice.

Oregon Trails has a wonderful Sandalwood Rose. It's one of those "do all" scents. It's a beautiful scent in CP soap and holds forever, most excellent in my 50/50 blend wax and makes a to-die-for lotion also. You'll find it on her "special scents" page and it's expensive, I think I paid something like $28.00 for a lb of it. Definitely worth it though.

Julie

I happened to pick up a sample of Sandlewood Rose from TC when I was there the last time. It was one of 3 roses that I bought. I am looking for a good rose to mix with my ylang ylang. This one is really nice smelling, not too overpowering and a nice mix. I can send it to ya if you want to try it, I don't think I am going to use it. You know how it is when you go into a place and start smelling all of the FO's, they all start smelling similar. So bought 3 that I liked the best at the time, but sadly I don't think any of the 3 are going to work for me.

LMAO at you Trish. It's a great scent and one you probably wouldn't like, but yeah it would be something I would like since I like sandalwood and patchouli lol! And any mix of the two ;)

ughhhhhhhhhhhh LOL I sooo do not like these. I like the fruity/bakery/sweet/spices fragrances LOL

Christina

Yeah, Sherie's an instigator alright. She surprised me with a 2 oz sample of it a few months back. I tried it in a lotion first. Oh yeah, it's a good one. So I tried it in a candle. Threw like crazy. And I was out of scent :embarasse . So I had to go buy myself some of it. And I tried it in CP and OMG, this stuff rocks in CP. I love it when a fragrance does it all. Kind of like a one-stop shopping. I'll tell ya, Sherie does have a knack for the good ones.