Best Love Spell Type FO

wthomas57

Hey everyone,

I was curious on feedback about Love Spell Type scents from different suppliers and which might be the "best".

I have tried both Candle Science and Natures Garden. I know others have it as well and wanted some feedback from others who have tried Love Spell. Its a tough one for me to pick between suppliers. Even CS and NG is hard for me to choose between as they are very different.

My experience with those are as follows:

CS - seems to be more accurate to the VS scent but has a bit of a pungent chemical smell as well. Its very bold

VS - This seems to smell more orangy to me rather a perfect match to VS, BUT... I actually think its more pleasant.

So... hoping for feedback and suggestions.

Thanks

Guest OldGlory

I have been using Aztec's Lovespell for years. It's great in 464, 1343, and in the paraffin blend I use for melts. My customers say it is a good match to the VS scent. Super easy to try with the 5 for $5 sale they have each month.

I would have told you Tennessee, but they're out of stock. 

If you get Aztec, I'd be curious on your thoughts. I've just started testing out Aztec in the past year or so and it's been slow going. That doesn't mean the scents weren't living up to expectation. It means that what we did do and eventually offered took off, but they weren't dupes. 

So so far it sounds like what I have experienced... lots of one good ones, but not necessarily the "best " dupe or a consensus favorite, lol. Darn.

Anyone else using BCs? I assume you mean Bitter Creek? (just to be certain)

And anyone else using what I currently use (CS and NG) that would comment on their preference out of those two?

Thanks everyone

Guest OldGlory

There's no substitute for buying the samples and testing them yourself. You can post new threads or read old threads on any given fragrance but until you experience it for yourself you'll never know for sure. How I perceive and describe a fragrance is not the same as how you perceive and describe a fragrance.

My main supplier was out of my best selling fragrance oil last fall (well, a portion of the blend I make) and I went on an expensive search to see if I could find something that would be ok. I bought more than a dozen samples. Shipping was ridiculous, costing more than the samples themselves, but it had to be done. I didn't want to lose the business. As it turned out, none of them compared to the one that was out of stock, so in addition to all the testing I'd done, I lost sales the sales.

While I hated it at the moment, I needed to experience those other samples to know for sure.

1 hour ago, OldGlory said:

There's no substitute for buying the samples and testing them yourself. You can post new threads or read old threads on any given fragrance but until you experience it for yourself you'll never know for sure. How I perceive and describe a fragrance is not the same as how you perceive and describe a fragrance.

My main supplier was out of my best selling fragrance oil last fall (well, a portion of the blend I make) and I went on an expensive search to see if I could find something that would be ok. I bought more than a dozen samples. Shipping was ridiculous, costing more than the samples themselves, but it had to be done. I didn't want to lose the business. As it turned out, none of them compared to the one that was out of stock, so in addition to all the testing I'd done, I lost sales the sales.

While I hated it at the moment, I needed to experience those other samples to know for sure.

This. So much this. 

I rarely agree with many other noses and found the only way to know is invest time and $ to test them myself. 

When I think back to losing "the" dragons blood when a supplier went OOB I shudder. 

Also, I get different "scents" from different waxes. I have had several fragrance oils that smelled remarkedly different in my old wax blend than in my new wax blend, even though the blends are 90% identical to each other.  Strength varies, too...Sweetcakes and Candlescience Love Spell smell about the same to me but Sweetcakes is a bit stronger...but Candlescience is a lot cheaper.

Edited by maryta

Thanks everyone and yah I know nothing is replacement for testing... but thats why we have these forums... to help facilitate that. :)

Just looking to see if there was any general consensus on favorite Love Spell type FOs. There are plenty of general agreements on bad ones, lol, so figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks again

I'm in the boat to have to check out LS also. So who might you be trying? I thought about Peak's, but it has the sharp note that I just don't like. TCS had the kind I wanted, but again, OOS. And I can't say I was drooling over fragrance buddy's (so I commissioned that to incense) ... so I'm left having to find some others.