When does 4627 firm up?

I'm new to 4627 blend, decided to switch from 464 and see if I have better luck. I made my first batch 26hrs ago and its still "mushy" I can poke my finger through it with no effort. At this point my 464 usually was really solid and on its way to a good cure. I know 4627 is mushy in its original state anyways, I just dont know if it firms up like 464 does or it stays this mushy for good.

Anyone have any input on this?

4627 is a very soft wax, very soft, so if you live in a warm climate in the summer, it may take a good long while. Like until fall or winter, maybe depending on your summer temps. It's pretty mild here, only getting to the 90's most days with relatively low humidity, but it was still always pretty soft for me. That's the reason I don't use it. I know a lot of people have good luck with it, but I could never get the wicking right without excessive smoking and soot, because of how vaseline like it was, so I gave up on it. I know a lot of people also use 4627 to mix with harder waxes as well, but I've never tried that either. 

I live in Maine. So its not really hot except for this past week. Its been 95* with 100% Humidity. Ugh. Broke of few records dating back to late 1940's lol. I guess I will just give it a week and see how firm it gets. I was planning on making more testers of other FO's so all I was wondering was if I had done something wrong. It appears you arent the only one that has messaged me about saying that 4627 will always be "soft" Guess I will just have to let time be the deciding factor if I stick with this wax. i dont mind the messy bits, only thing I care about is how it throws H&C

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When does it firm up?

I'd say about a week or two before never. Lol.

That stuff is like goop.

Is this for candles or melts?

If melts, add a little pillar wax like 50/50 at the very least.

If candles.... embrace it or add some not-so soft wax. 

Or.. switch to 6006

4627 will always be soft. I use this a lot in my 8oz mason jars. This wax is nothing like 464 at all. Golden Brands 464 is a harder wax than 4627. The comfort blend has excellent hot and cold throw. I only have to let my candles mold for half a day for them to become solid. This wax will always be soft unless you blend another on to it. Cure time is pretty good though. I really only have to let them sit for 2 days but obviously the longer they sit the better they throw. Hth?