Eucalyptus Mint Sea Salt Bars

Trying out some new TKB micas and new scent blend. The new colors are reborn sky blue and PSI blue. The sky blue is sky colored of course and the PSI is more of a darker cobalt blue. I am loving the way they came out. Other colors are neon green and purple vibrance. Using an EO blend eucalyptus, peppermint, spearmint, and anise. They smell heavenly! Wanted a "glacier" themed salt bar with a wintry mint and glacial blue colors. How'd I do?

I am thinking next time I should use a gray color. Maybe activated charcoal mixed with TD? Anyone have a recipe for gray color in CP?

P.S. Need ideas for a name for these. One that suggests, ice, cold glacial waters, mint..

Made 2 batches. Batch #1:

Eucalyptus Peppermint.jpg

Batch #2

Eucalyptus Peppermint3.jpg

Batch #1

Eucalyptus Peppermint2.jpg

Batch #2

Eucalyptus Peppermint4.jpg

• Like 4

On 7/6/2016 at 10:48 AM, Candybee said:

I am thinking next time I should use a gray color. Maybe activated charcoal mixed with TD? Anyone have a recipe for gray color in CP?

I got a really nice grey in this bar by using td and black oxide.  I didn't have charcoal....but have since ordered some.  Imagine it would give

you the same result.  I mixed my black first....then added the liquid td to it to get the grey.  I have water soluble td so I mix mine with water and

keep it in a squeeze bottle

20160708_132523.jpg

On 7/6/2016 at 10:48 AM, Candybee said:

• Like 3

Love that gray debratant! Beautiful soapie!

I don't have any black oxide. Will give the activated charcoal a try next time and post a pic if I get a nice gray. If it doesn't work I'll try your trick and order some black oxide.

I use a mica called "Satin Grey Pillowcase" from Mad Oils and it's a beautiful light grey color. I do add a touch of either black oxide or AC to get it a touch darker when needed/wanted - whichever of the 2 I happen to have on hand at the time. 

• Like 1