Cut Japanese Love Song

10 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

Does it smell like Cherry Blossoms?  I'm not familiar with that scent.  They look so pretty and feminine!

No, not at all. It's described in my uncut post, but it's a blend of NG's Japanese Grapefruit (closeout scent, not available anymore) Aztec's Blood Lime and a tiny hint of Mad Oils' Vanilla milk. I love it, it's a very nice blend. 

8 hours ago, Candybee said:

Just an FYI - Rain Shadow Labs just sent me an email with a new product. Anyway, one of the scents was a vanilla citrus blend they called "Balinese Spirit". It made me think of your Japanese Love Song soap scent.

Really? I've never heard of Rain Shadow Labs. I might have to check them out. 

Every now and then I will close my eyes, grab a couple scents and blend them, just to see what I come up with. That's what I did with this, I got he NG and Aztec bottles, and then decided a touch of vanilla was needed. LOL Some people think I'm crazy for blending that way, but I have come up with some real winners doing that. Also some duds, but more winners than not. I LOVE blending. :D 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2016 at 6:29 PM, Jcandleattic said:

Really? I've never heard of Rain Shadow Labs. I might have to check them out. 

Every now and then I will close my eyes, grab a couple scents and blend them, just to see what I come up with. That's what I did with this, I got he NG and Aztec bottles, and then decided a touch of vanilla was needed. LOL Some people think I'm crazy for blending that way, but I have come up with some real winners doing that. Also some duds, but more winners than not. I LOVE blending. :D 

Most of my fragrances are blends. I can't leave anything alone. I always need to add a little bit of something!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Faerywren said:

Most of my fragrances are blends. I can't leave anything alone. I always need to add a little bit of something!

Exactly!! And you never know what you are going to get until you blend something together. And it makes me stand out. I get a lot of comments, like "wow I've never smelled anything like that before" which is the point! 

On 5/18/2016 at 7:20 PM, Jcandleattic said:

Okay, wow they are expensive - at least for the fragrances, but I haven't browsed anything else... 

Yeah. Their FO/Eo's are quite expensive so I really have no interest in them. But I would love to use several of their bases and I love the idea that they use the developmentally disabled and handicapped as staff. They have some bases TDF. Too bad they are in Oregon. Shipping must be high. But I have yet to try them so it could work out. But at this point I kind of want to learn how to make my own but I love, love, love reading about their bases.

I'm going to do a youtube video tutorial at some point (don't hold your breath it may be a while) on how I make my lotion. I will include my recipe, and step by step instructions as well as the video. 

I used to be soooo afraid of lotion, but really it is so simple, for me it is easier than soap!! 

• Like 1