Squeeeee!!! I finally ordered my own kiln!

TallTayl

JC,  crystal glazes are gorgeous!! I have to control myself or the pottery shed will end up like my soap and candle shop... Loaded with every color known to exist. 

Leaning toward cobalt, brick and maybe a green for basic glaze colors. Under glazes give so many other options for painted obj ejects.

working on an idea for the bee themed shop now.... Hoping my mad math skills work out.

also thinking about my brewery soap account. Thinking they all need custom steins... 

A magazine in Utah has requested samples of logo items. Hoping Daenarys (the mother of Dragons) gets to spit fire a LOT in the coming months. Speaking of dragons, I need to get on the stick sculpting those sleeping babies.

• Like 1

Those are gorgeous. Can't wait to see them glazed. Hoping we get to see more pics of your gorgeous work real soon.

I have no idea what crystal glaze is. Maybe I have seen it and just don't know it.

Oh.. oh... wanted to add get a blue glaze in there too besides the cobalt. Wish I knew what the blue color name I am thinking of is called. But its more of a bright medium deep blue, not a sky or a navy but closer to royal but not as dark, brighter & bluer than royal. Sigh.... wish I could think of something with the color so you would know what it is.

Edited by Candybee

WOW!!  Congrats on the kiln!  I just looked at one a couple of weeks ago.   The owner of the studio I work out of has used one to sell and I might make the plunge...finally. 

Great pieces!!  Can't wait to see them glazed.  :)

Oh chefmom I hope you get one. It is empowering having the ability to fire when ready. (It also removes all of my excuses for not throwing often, lol).

i love looking at your work. Please do share more more MORE!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chefmom said:

TT, my latest blog entry is a "walk through my gallery" with photos of some latest things, and a few older ones as well.  The link is in my signature bar. :D

Great blog I signed up hopefully I get email notifications. I love your stuff.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chefmom said:

TT, my latest blog entry is a "walk through my gallery" with photos of some latest things, and a few older ones as well.  The link is in my signature bar. :D

I love your pieces Chefmom!! So beautiful!!! Love those plates with the lines on them on your blog and I enjoyed reading! You and TallTayl are awesome at making pottery!! There is a lot of talent here on Craftserver and I so enjoy seeing what people are making! LOVE!! :) 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...