Wild Mountain Honey - one with more floral?

maryta

Hi all! I have only one FO for Wild Mountain Honey...it is from Peaks and it is a really good, strong honey (in wax melts) but I am looking for one that has less honey and more floral. One of my favorites is from Candles From the Keeping Room and it is definitely "lighter" than Peaks, at least in my warmers. It is more floral than Peaks. Can anyone recommend a Wild Mountain Honey that is more floral than honey?

Thank you, ChrisR and TallTayl!  I have that one in my cart...it sounds more like what I'm looking for. The Peaks is just a bit overwhelming. I will take your advice and try adding some other things to it but I've got a feeling that it might be too potent to use a blender! It is really a "heavy" scent in my wax tarts. 

14 hours ago, Candybee said:

Have you ever tried Element's Manuka Lavender Body Wrap FO? It's a wild honey scented with lavender local to New Zealand. Its a beautiful floral lavender. Very spa like and upscale. Great in soap and candles.

Thanks for the recommendation, Candybee! I am big on lavenders and that sounds divine! Their Honey Patchouli and Honey L'Occitane is already on my wish list.

Edited by maryta
  • Like 1

Oh! those are good scents. I use honey patchouli year round and my customers love it. Their Honey L'Occitane is a smooth golden honey. Its one of my fav honey scents. I'm sure you will like them both.

EBB has a lot of great FOs. I used to use Flicker's FOs and when they closed EBB started carrying them. The honey patchouli, honey l'occitane, manuka lavender body wrap are all Flicker's FOs.

I have both Wild Mountain Honey and Honey L'Occitane and I would say assuredly, Wild Mountain Honey is a dupe of Honey L'Occitane. Just FYI.. At least Flaming Candle's is. 

Honey Patchouli is Elements' dupe of Angel by Theirry Mugler. If you are familiar with Tyler Candle Company. It's their famous "Diva" scent. 

Candybee,

If you haven't already, I would recommend sniffing the actual perfume Angel by Thierry Mugler to know what it should really smell like. A lot of the fragrance oils I have come across claiming to be Angel simply aren't. 

It is my mother-in-law's absolute favorite perfume so I am very aware of this fragrance and would bet my life that Elements' Honey Patchouli is a dupe of it. ;-) 

Are you specifically referring to Flaming Candle's 'Wild Mountain Honey' not smelling like Honey L'Occitane or Peak's 'Wild Mountain Honey"?

Edited by AL83

Actually, I have smelled Mugler's Angel perfume before and am familiar with it. To my nose HP and angel don't smell alike unless you count that they both have notes of patch and sweetness to them. Angel smells more perfumy, light and feminine to me while HP is more deeply earthy and sultry. Funny how things can smell different to each nose.

Same with the honey scents. WMH smells more like the honeycomb and wildflower honey with just a hint of sharpness to it while HLO smells like a mellow smooth golden honey, light, and more delicately balanced.