So many years crafting - feels like yesterday!

Jcandleattic

I can't believe that tomorrow will be my 13th year anniversary in soapmaking - and back in November I "celebrated" my 18th year of candlemaking. When I look back on it, it really does not seem that long ago. It's still just as fun and exciting as it was in those first few months. And in some ways, just as unpredictable. 

Here's to trying even more fun and adventurous ways to enjoy my crafts in the coming new year! :D

• Like 2

Congrats!!

It does go by so fast, with everything in life but especially with something you truly enjoy doing.  After all the years I've been doing this it is still my ZEN time when I go into my

candle room.  I started making barrettes out of old buttons last month, which is really my new 2016 project.  I'm not sure yet just how zen it will be!

I'm not far behind you. I'm in my 11th year of candlemalking and 10th in soapmaking. I am still loving it. In a big way it saved my life as when I started I also quit smoking.

I do have my days when I am just totally burned out and can't do either though. But mostly its a joy to be my own boss and making my own products. Plus you can't put a price on how it makes you feel when a customer comes up to you and tells you how much they love your products.

• Like 2