Anyone going to make New Year's Castile?

Candybee

Have poured my lavender- (from my garden) -infused OliveOil in a strainer, so, in a couble of days, it should be ready.

Considering making a Savon de Bastille instead of Jabon de Castilla

• Like 1

Aarrrgg!! I am still busy organizing and moving furniture around. In order for me to make my biz grow I have to make more room for my soap and equipment plus storage. So I am still busy working on that and loading SM3. I may not be done until Feb.

But I am so happy you two made your bastile. Did you post pics yet? I wanna see those babies!!

• 1 month later...

Thanks Candybee - looking forward to try the hexagons in 6 month :)

I tried to pour some soap in a botton-mold, but it didn't work, so

I rebatched that soap in a boilingbag = kind of HP hexagons,ready for use quicker

• 1 year later...
On 12/13/2015 at 11:42 AM, Candybee said:

Okay-- doesn't have to be exactly on New Year's Day. I understand its a holiday so some folks are gonna be busy or have family, etc. But we can each make our batch of "New Year's Castile" around New Year's Day, just before or during the week of, and just post about it. Sound good? Should be fun if we just post about what we did... and pics are always welcome!

I'm going to Walmart today to pick up some large 101oz plastic containers of olive oil. They are only about $16 each so I will stock up.

JC-- I make the same bastile. I call it Coconut Castile and use 75% OO and add coconut oil, castor, and almond oil plus coconut milk.

But this New Year's eve I am going to make some of my favorite goat milk castile with 90% OO and 10% castor and goat milk.

I was just never a fan of 100% olive oil castile. No matter how many months or even a year later I tried it I just never liked it. I love it with castor oil though. To me it makes a huge difference. And my coconut castile recipe is a year round favorite of my customers and I make it in 3 scents using essential oils; rosemary mint, lavender & chamomile, and lemongrass & lime.

I wish one you soap gurus would do a bastille soap recipe for soap of the month ( wink -wink lol !)  Im so jelly of all of your guys creations :) 

3 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

I wish one you soap gurus would do a bastille soap recipe for soap of the month ( wink -wink lol !)  Im so jelly of all of your guys creations :) 

I did a rosemary mint castile (bastile) soap of the month. I believe it was the March 2016 SOTM thread. Check it out. Its a wonderfully mild soap that's fairly easy to make. I left complete instructions and can help you with if you need it.

Just now, Candybee said:

I did a rosemary mint castile (bastile) soap of the month. I believe it was the March 2016 SOTM thread. Check it out. Its a wonderfully mild soap that's fairly easy to make. I left complete instructions and can help you with if you need it.

Off to check it out ! Thanks a bunch !!!!  rosemary mint sounds wonderful + so refreshing :)