The Candlemakers Store

kandlekrazy

I got my order and it's my first fo order from them, I usually only buy USA.  Haven't put them in wax but here's what I ordered and what I think.  They were all Grade A oils.

Saved me a bunch on shipping but if the oils turn out to be weak it's a waste.

OOB

Twigs & Berries - smells identical to others I've had but doesn't seem to be as strong as others I've used.

Toasted Marshmallow - seems to be missing the toasted or maybe again not as strong as Candle Source's.

Dragon's Blood - This one is a disappointment OOB, it doesn't even have the deep notes that AH/RE's has, hope it's good in wax.

Leather - seems to be equal to other leather's I've smelled.

I use C-3 and when I get it in wax I'll update.

Anyone else use their oils and which are really good in soy wax?

I use a lot of their oils. I am very happy with them, for the most part. The most disappointing thing for me is their dupes. Some of them are just waaaaay off. For instance, Twilight Woods smelled like the 70s cologne, Windsong, and I can't even tell what Dark Kiss was supposed to be. All of my fragrances become part of a blend, but I test them all alone to see how they behave. I've been very happy with throw in candles and performance in soap.My wax is a custom blend of 464 and 4630.

Here are some of the ones I use:

Midnight Pomegranate- never smelled the original, but I love this one and will always have it. It is a component in one of my best selling blends. Throw is amazing in my wax.

Blackberry Amber- one of my fave FOs ever. Smells and throws great.

Mint Meadow- fresh, clean and green scent. Blow the doors off throw in my wax.

Fir Clove- love this around Christmas

Tobacco Vanilla- love this one. Great in soap and candles.

Sea Blossoms- very nice clean floral. 

Victorian Christmas- orange, clove and evergreen. Love this at the holidays in candles and room sprays.

I have been disappointed with some of the 1 oz samples I've ordered recently, but it's been because I was ordering based on an interesting FO name (and with no descriptions had NO idea what I was going to get). Overall, I like their oils and will continue to use them as a supplier. 

• 1 month later...

This is the list of FOs I have tried from The CandleMaker's Store:

Tobacco - weak

Gunpowder - smells like cinnamon
Fresh Cut Wood - I recommend this one. 

Fresh Cut Bamboo - I recommend this one. 
Fireweed - I recommend this one, smells great. 
Absinthe - very creme de menthe
Reefer - smells horrible
Marijuana - smells horrible
Cannabis Flower - smells ok
Cannabis - smells horrible
Lakeside Birch - I recommend this one, smells great. 
Lettuce - I recommend this one if you are looking for a dupe of Arugula by Archipelago
Woodsmoke - I recommend this one. Not quite woodsmoky as others but still good. 
Mom's Baby Powder - generic baby powder scent
Cilantro - weak
Cotton Candy - sweet but weak
2X4 Type - I recommend this one if you are looking for something that smells like fresh wood. 
Sassafras - another creme de menthe type
Rice Milk - generic rice & shea blossom scent
Ginger - weak, does not resemble a true ginger scent. 
Driftwood - I recommend this one.
Cola Type - horrible. 
Barn Wood - I recommend this one.
Scotch Pine - smells like cleaner
Cocobolo Wood - I recommend this one. Smells just like a freshly opened box of pencils. 

Perfume Types:
Angel Type - weak
Angelic - weak
Dream Angels Halo - not right
Dream Angels Heavenly - weak
Dream Angels Devine - weak
Kenzo Flower - weak
Fahrenheit - weak
A&F Fierce Type - weak

So in conclusion, I echo the sentiments of Addict... Their dupes of designer fragrances are way off or way too weak to represent what they claim. 

However, I will say,  their oils for "wood" type scents are spot on. I would also recommend Lakeside Birch (for an aquatic & wood scent), Fireweed (for an interesting spicy, floral scent), and Lettuce (for those that love Arugula by Archipelago).

I would stay away from their clearance or 'sale' oils. 

• Like 1

I've tried

Monkey bomb -smells great, awesome cold and hot throw.

Mocha cappuchino - extremely strong, great smell

Orange danish - awesome, buttery, crusty,light on the orange scent, good hot and cold throw

Lick me all over - passionate kisses, smells like Victoria's secret love spell]

Very strong

Chocolate covered Cherry - very True to the name. Extremely strong.

Sugar cookie - very disappointed. Smelled just like lemon and it was weak.

Renas spiced orange- good on the spice low on the Orange

Wedding cake -nice scent weak throw

I use gw444

Edited by Sugarfoot

AL83 are your ratings in wax?  if so what type?  I'm using C3 soy wax.

Also I ordered the A grade Leather and it does not smell like cinnamon to me, it's actually the only one that smells strong OOB out of the bunch I got.

Today the leather goes into wax, not sure I'm going to even waste tester wax on the rest but I may use them for blends.

KandleKrazy, My ratings are all in wax. 

I use a wax blend I've created that consists of Coconut Wax, Soy Wax and Beeswax. (The soy wax I use is also C-3)

Coconut because it is the cleanest burning. Soy for its scent retention. And beeswax for its natural hardening abilities as well as the claim that beeswax purifies the air as it burns. 

Like I mentioned above, the only ones I recommend are wood type scents like 2X4 or Cocobolo Wood. I also recommend Lakeside Birch, Fireweed, and Lettuce. I don't believe I mentioned Leather at all. I did mention Gunpowder and how it smelled like cinnamon though. The best leather scent I've ever used is from Peak though, if you're interested. Insanely strong. 

Edited by AL83

• 2 weeks later...

90 percent of the fragrances I use are from the candlemakers, but then I live in Cincinnati and it' easy for me to just drive up to the store when the warehouse is open to play with fragrance samples. I have to say I agree that many of thier dupes are off, but my rotation of candle scents is constant and the ones I choose I can't get from anyone else. My favorite of thier is Lemon Verbena which is awesome, The Lovespell is spot on. Thier wine fragrances are really good - with these you have to try them in cured wax, hey smell awesome once hot. Thier bakery scents are good too.

• 4 weeks later...