Favorite Christmas Tree/Spruce Scent FO

coachtom

A little late, but here is a list of some of the original Tradewinds oils I have on hand in case someone wants to have any duped:

Pink Grapefruit                       Wild Mint & Ivy            Rainy Nights in GA

Mulled Cider                           Montego Bay               Koala Forest

Melon Patch                           Secret Romance          Mulberry

Pineapple                               Egyptian Musk             Pears N Petals

Southern Nights                     Cranberry Relish          Bayou

Lilly of the Valley                    Tahitian Passion          Boronia

Kiwi Kicker                              Wind Dancer               Island Baby        

Emerald Sea                           Osmanthus                 Indian Summer

• Like 1

Guest OldGlory

OldGlory, you did what?  You weren't tempted to try it out?  I hope someone brings in some of these oldies but goodies. :)

I have really narrowed down my business to wholesale ( except for an attempt at a farmer's market this year which is not making any money ), and my only wholesale client at the moment has a narrow selection of fragrances. No point in wasting the wax to make something I have no place to sell. Plus, it was like 7 or 8  years old? How long have they been closed?

• 2 weeks later...

Would anyone be willing to share how they got Fillmore's Christmas Tree to throw so well?  I used 7% in 4627 and could barely smell it.  Does this one do better with more fragrance or less?  Any tips or suggestions on how to get this oil to perform would be great!

I went back to my notes and it looks like I made the candle two years ago, and it was the second candle I ever made, so that may explain a bit about my experience!  Per my notes, I heated the wax to 185 degrees and added the fragrance at 185 degrees, stirred, and poured the wax into the container at 158 degrees.  Sadly, my poor notes don't indicated how long I let it cure, but if my memory serves me right, I likely didn't let it cure any longer than two days.  Perhaps I need to try again this season, but allow for a longer cure time.

Now, at this point in my candle making, I cure my candles for 1 week.  Do you use 4627?  In my reading, I have come across posts that suggest a longer cure time for soy, but don't remember anything about long cure times for 4627.  Oooh, I don't know if I can wait two weeks...that patience seems God-like!  I wonder if I should pour a candle now and then just let it sit until December...that way I can get a good cure time and I am not tempted to burn it yet as I am not quite in the mood for tree scents.  Hmmm...the wheels are turning...