Just made some of these..What would you Charge?

Ok...I am having a hard time coming up with a retail price on these...They are molded by me...I make my own rolled blueberries. ect..it takes about 2 days to make 24 batch that will look good...

It is probable a 4 step process..maybe more...

Sometimes what U think and what u can sell for are two different things...

I made two of these...They are 6 pack of muffins..the tins cost me 9.99 I did not get them wholesale But had them laying around from something else that did not work out...They are all full size muffins..and shrink wrapped....What is a fair price??? I was thinking $35.00-$45.00

Thanksss

Tara

[ATTACH]4023[/ATTACH]

post-2101-139458390315_thumb.jpg

Thanks Guys...Most the stuff I make ends up being a gift type candle..Not sure if that is good or not...But It is what generally happens....

ANyway..I gave the picts to my friend for her website to see if she can sell them fpr me and I told her to Charge around 40.ishhh I do hope they sell....

If not..well ummmmm I guess i have another cool decoration!!!!! LOL!!!!!

Thanks for the imput!

Hugs

Tara

I could never get what I needed out of that type of product, thats why I dont make that kind of stuff anymore. ;) I have a whole box of scented grubby stuff that has nice labels, great smell, looks great, just didnt sell, so its been sitting in the basement for.... over 3 years now. Fun to make if you have some spare time, but I wouldnt want to land a huge account that wanted me do make large quanities of it. Yours really looks nice, but it would sit on my table for months at 40ish $. Bruce

Hi! I love love love those, and would love it if someone bought it as a gift for me, i dont think i would spend $40 on it though. But im sure there are plenty of people that would! Its just i have a tight budget lol. But they are adorable and I do love them! Maybe you could get the pans at wholesale price and then just buy some embeds but get some that are a smaller sized blueberry and that would take you less time than having to make them, although they are super cute! Anyhow i think it would cost less to get cheaper pans and maybe charge a little less. They are super cute!!

Ok...I am having a hard time coming up with a retail price on these...They are molded by me...I make my own rolled blueberries. ect..it takes about 2 days to make 24 batch that will look good...

It is probable a 4 step process..maybe more...

Sometimes what U think and what u can sell for are two different things...

I made two of these...They are 6 pack of muffins..the tins cost me 9.99 I did not get them wholesale But had them laying around from something else that did not work out...They are all full size muffins..and shrink wrapped....What is a fair price??? I was thinking $35.00-$45.00

Thanksss

Tara

[ATTACH]4023[/ATTACH]

I would never spend that much on candles, but you know what? Look at the stuff that sells on ebay! There are those that will!

I'm not a bakery fan, but they really are stunning!

First off my wife and I think your muffins look great. We discussed your situation and though it's understandable that you would want to charge that much due to the cost of the tin, $25 if the most we'd pay. We figured that at $3/muffin, add the tin cost in hopes that you'd find one wholesale, and $25 would be reasonable.

That's our 2 cents....advice is free, you get what you pay for. Good luck!

Thanks for being Honest! My friend added them to her site earlyer..We will see if they sell...when I do My muffins I normaly retail them for 4.50 each..and they always sell...

Really appriciate what you guys are saying!

Hugs

tara

Ps..Please forgive my spelling errors..I am the worst speller in the world!!!!:D

OMG they look so real. I love how they overflow, just like when you put too much batter in the cup. WOW makes me hungry. The price would depend on where you were selling them at. Flower Shops and Jewerly Stores they might even sell for more, but flea markets and even craft shows people seem to want to spend as little as they can.

If you have a dollar store like Dollar General or Family Dollar you can buy the cheaper muffin tinns about $1.00 or you could use cup cake papers and sell seperate or several on a nice plate that could cost $1.00 at the dollar store.

I have to agree...although they look great and there are a LOT of people that are into bakery I think you'll have a hard time selling them for $40. (especially online...you would probably have better luck selling them at that price in a store) With the amount of time you spend making them though is it worth it to sell them for less? I would probably find ways to shorten the time it takes to make them so you can lower the price a bit. Either way, I hope you find a way to make them work because they are great! ;)

Thank u all...

I will have to find away if i ever want to sell these other then these two..i will have to find away to make them cheaper..I don't use molds cause i want them to look real....

Thanks again guys...

I like your idea or making them by hand, I do that when I made pies last fall (first time in about 3 years I had made them). It adds something when you use your hands to shape and mold them. Bruce

I am not a grubby fan, but those look yummy! :smiley2:

This is my theory.

The tins are way too expensive. Only use them for decorative display purposes. Or buy them from the Dollar Tree and rust them yourself. I would mold the candles using the muffin pan but would not offer them for sale if I was paying 9.99 for each cupcake tin. Its cutting way too deep into your bottom line.

Depending on actual weight, I would sell those for around 8.00 each. Leave them in the tins for "buyer appeal" to sell them individually. Wrap them in cello bags with that prim fabric as a closure with a hangtag. They do have those larger clear cake/pie clamshells you probably could put 4 of those muffin candles in and entice the buyer to buy more quantity with a price break. Like buy 3 get one free. People LOVE deals.

I agree w/ mystical. Your product looks wonderful!! But I think the tin being the price it is would be better suited for display purposes. Then if someone see's it and is really interested in the whole "package", you could sell it that way too! ;)

I am not a grubby fan, but those look yummy! :smiley2:

This is my theory.

The tins are way too expensive. Only use them for decorative display purposes. Or buy them from the Dollar Tree and rust them yourself. I would mold the candles using the muffin pan but would not offer them for sale if I was paying 9.99 for each cupcake tin. Its cutting way too deep into your bottom line.

Depending on actual weight, I would sell those for around 8.00 each. Leave them in the tins for "buyer appeal" to sell them individually. Wrap them in cello bags with that prim fabric as a closure with a hangtag. They do have those larger clear cake/pie clamshells you probably could put 4 of those muffin candles in and entice the buyer to buy more quantity with a price break. Like buy 3 get one free. People LOVE deals.

Man did I feel stupid when I realized they weren't real muffins!

Guess thats a good thing that they look so good. lol.

I dunno about New England, but I live in Longaberger Basket/Amish country where stuff like that sells like hotcakes (no pun on baked goods intended)

I wouldn't sell it for $40 though. I would sell it for $39.99

you need to do creative marketing and sell them individuall for higher than you would (i.e. as a set they are $35, but individually they are $7)

and then make the whole set a bargain like the whole set for cheaper than buying them individually.

Also, charge something like $39.99 or something unique like $37.17

I was a psych major for a while and its proven that these techinques work to a good extent. Stuff like that gives people the illusion that its not $40 (which it virtually is but they don't see it that way) or with the second number that you are being honest about how much it cost you to make + time + reasonable profit etc...

Maybe this is a little shady, but you wouldn't be doing anything the supermarket doesn't...

okay that is my weasel advice for today.

Dai I think would be proud of me. (sorry shameless inside joke)

Just my two cents, and I'm new so you can still ignor me.

:)

-luke-

Thanks for the advice...These are the last two muffin pans I am going to make sooooooo it is good...when i make muffins i never wholesale them only retail and sell them 4.50 each...and that normaly does it! ANd Luke U maybe new here but I still take everyons advice..I am a new person too..I like to hear different view points.. It is what makes my job that much easier...to gauge the interest and pricing.....anyway..Thank U all agian...I agree with you all on certain points...but i figure wat the hay if they don't sell at 40... then i can alway wrap them seperate and sell them that way right!! LOL

Hugs

Tara