New style jar from GeneralWax

I ordered a new jar for myself from the sister company of General Wax.  I really like it.. It's 4 1/2" wide x 3* tall.  Iit says on their site 5" wide but isn't.   It also says on their site the jar is 25 oz.  Don't know how they figure that because 1 pound of wax and 1oz of oil fits perfectly into this jar with no wasted wax.

It comes with a brushed silver lid.  1.79 for the jar and 1.79 for the lid...not too bad I don't think.  And the shipping was pretty decent too

I'm using 2 cd 8 wicks in the 464.....I've already made up a few in this size wick and I'm very happy with the burning.  But I'm also going to try 1 size down and 2 cd 7's.  I've got Toasted marshmallow from Aztec in this jar but it's only a 5 day cure when I always wait 2 weeks....(shame on me!...)  but I couldn't stand it any more waiting so back to the drawing board and let it sit another 9 days.  I'm reallly liking this jar as I'm getting so sick of all the jars we use! huh!  And I like the bigguns too

CIMG3120.jpg

Trappeur

• Like 4

Guest OldGlory

Nice looking candle Trappeur. I would love to see a wood wick in that jar!

I think the fill measurements for nearly all of the jars we buy is a capacity measurement, but we do weight measurements. Big difference  :)

For that size it's not a bad price and the candle looks great.   I really need to stop there next time I go South, they have added quite a bit and I need to browse.  I'm sad they discontinued the black

candle jars.

These look great! I have been lusting after these jars! I just couldn't justify getting them since I live near the Libbey Glass Outlet. I was able to pick up some there. Unfortunately, they don't have lids :(

Did you get these off of candlemakingsupplies? How much are you thinking of selling them for?

I ordered a new jar for myself from the sister company of General Wax.  I really like it.. It's 4 1/2" wide x 3* tall.  Iit says on their site 5" wide but isn't.   It also says on their site the jar is 25 oz.  Don't know how they figure that because 1 pound of wax and 1oz of oil fits perfectly into this jar with no wasted wax.

It comes with a brushed silver lid.  1.79 for the jar and 1.79 for the lid...not too bad I don't think.  And the shipping was pretty decent too

I'm using 2 cd 8 wicks in the 464.....I've already made up a few in this size wick and I'm very happy with the burning.  But I'm also going to try 1 size down and 2 cd 7's.  I've got Toasted marshmallow from Aztec in this jar but it's only a 5 day cure when I always wait 2 weeks....(shame on me!...)  but I couldn't stand it any more waiting so back to the drawing board and let it sit another 9 days.  I'm reallly liking this jar as I'm getting so sick of all the jars we use! huh!  And I like the bigguns too

CIMG3120.jpg

Trappeur

Beautiful jar Trappeur!! Yes...isn't it nice when our suppliers give us new jars to choose from....love that!! :) It is burning beautifully!!! I love those lids too....really makes the jars look SO SO nice! :)

Well, maybe one of these days Old Glory I will try out some wood wicks.  They sure are the rage now.  Yep, your right, a wood wick would look great I think so too.

I love anything in black, boy I would have tried some of them out.

Hensley. I'm pretty sure you can order those lids by the piece and see if they would fit your jars.  As far as pricing goes, well geesh I haven't gotten that far yet, but I will and let you know, but just looking at that jar sitting in a nice shop geesh, I would think it could  retail for what.....maybe 24.00 to maybe 26.00?  or maybe as much as 29.00...Lets see 3.58 in the jar, 1.60 in oil, 1.60 in wax then .20 in 2 labels. 10Cents a wick....geesh thats7.09 cost for the jar and ingrediants and that's not including shipping on the jars.  Well, that might be a toughy to sell for around 15.00 wholesale.....but get in the right store, I know that jar would sell.  And yes, it was from candlemakingsupplies.

You are always so upbeat Puma!   :)  That was my first 3 hour burn on that jar.  Pool looks great....it might be a little deep once that candle melts down and then two I need to let the candle cure too cause I know it's definitely going to slow things down some.

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur