A Bittercreek Rant - Just Furious!

No wonder BCS is going out of business....just a prime example of the "sh____ty" service like I just got!!  I just placed an order with BCS for 80.00 and they refused to process it because back in 2008  (yep, 2008, 7 years ago) I had an order with them that they did not have in stock.  So when the stuff  became in stock, they expected payment but I had already gone elsewhere and placed the order.  So when that order was back in stock in 2008 they wanted payment of which I didn't pay for and when I didn't pay for it, they have charged me $15.00 for a restocking fee!!!!!All the way back from them.  I just placed my order with Ellen and then some other older woman called me just now and said they need the 15.00 first...I told why in the world would I pay a restocking fee all the friggin way back from 2008 WHEN I NEVER EVEN RECEIVED THE PRODUCT!  They never shipped out the product to me....I was livid and said are they nuts?  I told her you mean to tell me that your going to turn down an order from something of an order from 7 years ago that I never even got!  Then she say she will split the difference!  I said no way in hell am I going to pay for something I never got. So what is the big deal?  A restocking fee for items that just came in and geesh.....they really did a lot of work on that order for me.....what did they do? ....just tell someone in the shipping department that a certain amount of boxes are supposed to be shipped out to Georgia......??? Wow weeeee....isn't that a lot of work????  I then asked her to call the BCN office and ask them to clear my account.  She proceeded to tell me that she will not do that and I am to do it.......Can't believe this crap.  No wonder they are going out of business.  I've been a long long time member of the board when it used to be up and running from 2007 and when things were really up and going and I'm just disgusted with this matter and how I got treated.  Any other company who values their business would in todays economy would have bent over backwards and not treated me this way. So this older woman who I just spoke with had the authority to offer to split this rediculous charge but she couldn't wipe it off my account? Hmmmm.....Just plain bull sh......t is what I have to say.  I told her no wonder they are going out of business and then she hung up on me....I don't expect BCN to be in business soon either down the road....that's what I think.  It's too bad too as they have nice oils.  There are plenty of other candle suppliers out there.  Anyone can be replaced.

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur
  • Like 3

They are the prime example of the right hand not doing or caring what the left hand is.  I quit ordering from them simply because customer service elsewhere was so much better (and friendlier) and their shipping charges were outrageous.

As much as I loved some of their oils, I've found suitable replacements for them for less $.

Wow. That's crazy. I've never ordered from them before but definitely won't for sure. The places I buy from now have great customer service and I can't imagine them doing something like this.

You would think in the internet age and social media that people would realize that word of mouth is very quick!  I can understand that sometimes customers are not right and can try to destroy a business out of spite but this is obviously not the case here.  $15 isn't going to hurt their business, it seems they've done that themselves!

I used them quite a bit years ago, and never had a problem. When I heard they were closing, I jumped on a couple pounds of Cranberry Crumble FO. It took like a week to process and ship. In my experience working with people. When they know their job is ending some tend to not give a sh** anymore. 

• 2 weeks later...