Weekend Agenda

Jcandleattic

I have the day off today. :) 

Not that I really NEEDED it (since I had a month off and have only been back to work for 3 weeks) but it is nice. Today is our "Good Friday" since we all had to work a full day on actual Good Friday. 

So today is a busy day with no crafts involved - Clean the house, hair appointment, pick up my car that's been in the shop for the last 2 weeks, some laundry, then tonight I am meeting a friend and finalizing our trip to Disneyland in October. 

However, starting tomorrow, I plan to make at least 3 batches of soap and then on Sunday, at least 2 batches. Plus somewhere in the middle I need to make up some more masterbatch oils. I think I only have 5lbs of masterbatch left, which for me (I make small batches) is only 2 loaves. 

Also, even though my hair appointment is today, I need to make my hairdresser some candles. I will do that probably tomorrow, then take them to her sometime during the week. 

What is everyone elses plans this week? Anything fun and exciting? Anything new? Anything the same? 

Let us know. I love hearing about everyone's projects. :)

My husband and I are going to the Bronx on Sunday, our Uncle turned 105 on April 8th!!  He really is a miracle man--  Still sings, dances with the ladies, tells stories of WW II and can tell a joke like nobody's business! What a memory!  (can remember more than his 50 and 60 something nieces and nephews, lol)  Every year since he turned 100 there is a weekend celebration going on in the neighborhood! Looking forward to seeing family, good food and hoping it is a nice day!

God Bless your Mom Kandlecrazy, she sounds like a spry woman!  Enjoy your day with her... :)

• Like 3

It is time to turn on the turkey fryer and get some more wax melts (scent shots) made. I have been very lazy this past week and didn't make any at all (it was a much needed break), but I am getting low on many of my ready to ship scent shots, so that is my plan this morning. Kind of sounds like my typical weekend these days.  

Me, too! I could paste last week's answer into this week. Pouring, pouring and more pouring! 

Had the day off work yesterday and accomplished this. Got most un-molded and packaged this morning. Now to clean the molds and fill up my "new" vintage bakery cart again today!

post-9853-0-78463900-1428768860_thumb.jp

• Like 3

I am enjoying a beautiful day- finally! Warm sunny and 67

Rode my 2 horses briefly, cleaning the pasture and watching my girls (cats) chase bugs up trees!

Loving it.....if only it would stay like this

Now taking my 3 doxies for a walk and then heading to my nieces 3rd bday party

Guest OldGlory

Mowed the yard, will grocery shop tonight after the long line of tourists trying to exit the area (around 5-6 miles, 3 lanes wide, in stop and go traffic trying to get to I40) leave for the weekend, write up invoices for each of the 14 boxes of candles I will deliver tomorrow, do the accounts payable invoice and get it ready to drop at the post office, then label and tape up each box. Then I will start putting together a small order of supplies to start the next order when it arrives next week. I love the routine of an order once a month.

I think I may have 2 days off from the job this week with no candles to make. What will I do with myself, lol???

I got nothing done I actually wanted to get done. :( 

But I'm off work today so after a mid morning appointment I have to attend, I will be at least making up a masterbatch of oils and possibly a batch or 2 of soap before the grind of the work week starts again. 

I always have good intentions, and something always happens. Oh well. Such seems to be my life lately...