New FOs at FB

dawnmichelle

Ok, I bit the bullet and ordered yesterday, supposed to be here Saturday:) I got Pink Sugar, Sex bomb, Mango Pineapple Type, White Tea & Ginger and a bunch of 1 ozers:

Banana

Passionate Kisses VS type

Sugar Cookie royale- for wax melts:)

Sweet Temptation VS type

Patchouli Passion

Dark Knight

Imogen Rose

Northern Lights

Lady Catrina

Angel's Delight

Twilight Type

Ancient Incense

Merlin's Forest

Honeysuckle & Jasmine 

So White

• 2 weeks later...

I've tested a few of these in soap recently:

Banana

Passionate Kisses VS type- Very nice in soap sample so far, no A or D

Sweet Temptation VS type

Patchouli Passion

Dark Knight- Very Good & Strong bay rum scent. no A or D. I made a 10 bar batch of soap and scent is holding very well.

Imogen Rose- No A or D in soap sample. Much lighter than my gypsy rose...Imogen is just too light for me, but definately recommend gypsy rose

Northern Lights- No A or D light to medium clean scent in the soap sample

Lady Catrina- No A or D very light in 10 bar soap batch. Not a keeper for me.

Angel's Delight- Separation, just had to keep on mixing for eternity and molded the soap. no D. smells weird, don't care for it.

Twilight Type

Ancient Incense

Merlin's Forest -Love out of bottle!!

Honeysuckle & Jasmine-soaped 10 bar batch as the usage rate is low. Smells lovely oob and soaped decent. It did Accelarate a little but not bad. kinda light for me in the soap at about 1 week cure. Will have to see how it is at full cure. 

So White- No A or D. light scent in soap so far.

White Tea & Ginger- No A or D. Soaped 10 bar batch and the scent retention is very good! This one's a keeper:)

Pineapple Mango- No A or D. Soaped 10 bar batch and the scent retention is very good!

Ok, I bit the bullet and ordered yesterday, supposed to be here Saturday:) I got Pink Sugar, Sex bomb, Mango Pineapple Type, White Tea & Ginger and a bunch of 1 ozers:

Banana

Passionate Kisses VS type

Sweet Temptation VS type

Patchouli Passion

Dark Knight

Imogen Rose

Northern Lights

Lady Catrina

Angel's Delight

Twilight Type

Ancient Incense

Merlin's Forest

Honeysuckle & Jasmine 

So White

chicken

Guest OldGlory

I soaped White Tea & Ginger from Aztec several years ago and it was nice and strong. I don't remember if it accelerated but I don't think it did. I made/make RTCP.

• 4 weeks later...

Patchouli Passion sticks like glue in soap. Discolors to an amber shade. It's a great scent!

Dark Knight also sticks like glue, no discoloration.

Sweet temptation sticks really good too!

I liked Merlin's Forest much better oob. There's a powder note in the curing soap that I'm not crazy about. Still has very good scent retention.

Honeysuckle jasmine is so lovely oob, only 3% usage rate in soap..it's too light for my taste in the cured bars at this point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a heads up on MW Patchouli Passion. Her original scent was Honey Patchouli which was sold to EBB when she closed her first website Flickers Fragrances. When she opened Moonworks she made a new version of it and that was the Patchouli Passion. Honey Patchouli is sooooo much better than the Patchouli Passion and much stronger too. Soaps beautifully in CP but does discolor to medium dark brown but is soooo awesome its a permanent patchouli blend I sell in CP.

I was totally disappointed with the Patchouli Passion and surprised she decided to sell a scent that just wasn't up to her amazing FO standards. Just not as good as the Honey Patchouli in my opinion.

So if you are looking for some of the good FOs that she used to sell they are at EBB. Just look for the "Flickers" fragrances on their site. Some of them are awesome like Tuscan Lace, Green Irish Tweed, Manuka Lavender, Honey L'Occitane, White Musk... just a few she sold to EBB when she closed. Everyone thought she was going out of business but then she opened Moonworks. Its the Moonworks FOs that got lost as Pure Fragrance Oils bought them but decided to not sell them all at once but bring out one at a time. Stupid, stupid, stupid! They waited so long FB and others duped the scents, and did it better!

Edited by Candybee

Got in Ancient Incense, Breath of God, Autumn Night and Lust. OOB I'm not real impressed but maybe they will be ok in cp soap and candles. Will report back (I hope they turn out good since I bought 1 pounders).

Steve

I was hoping that Lust would be a good strong Jasmine for CP soap, it seems to be very popular at Lush, and hope it works well in CP. Please let us know. I purchased the Lush Orange Blossom, and will be soaping with it tomorrow.

• Like 1

Some New FB samples I tested:

Ancient Incense- no acceleration, Discolors light brown. Scent retention is light in tester bar.

Sikkem girls lush dupe- accelerates quickly, discolors tan, good scent retention.

Black pearl- no A, or D, scent retention is light.

Banana- no A, D is tan, scent retention is very good

Patchouli Passion- great scent retention, d's golden brown, no A. Love this scent!

Twilight- still very light scent retention,d's light tan, no A.

Sweet temptation and Passionate kisses both have great scent retention in my tester bars at cure.

Merlin's Forest still holding up great, but there is a powdery note that comes through in soap.

• 3 weeks later...

Got in Ancient Incense, Breath of God, Autumn Night and Lust. OOB I'm not real impressed but maybe they will be ok in cp soap and candles. Will report back (I hope they turn out good since I bought 1 pounders).

Steve

I know, older thread ... what disappointed you about Breath of God? This was one I asked them to consider getting and they indicated to me that it wasn't gonna happen, but since they have it now, I'm thinking of trying it out. 

Edited by Scented

I have soaped the Lush Dupe of Orange Blossom, it is not a sweet orange blossom scent, smells like an EO combination to me and I think it would be a great mixer. The rosewood comes through, as well as the ylang ylang, and neroli, I don't know that I would use it alone again, but my friend loves the scent. It just is not strong like a FO. I am hoping that the Lush smells better in soap than your oob testing. It is supposed to be super strong which I was hoping would make a good CP fragrance.

^^^One in particular that caught my eye was Goddess at .25%. I believe the original was safe in skin care applications, but that was before IFRA recommendations were listed by suppliers. Many of the Lush dupes also have very low usage.

• Like 1

I mixed up a combination of Lust, Ancient Incense and Jungle (going to call it Superstition) that so far seems to be a pretty decent  balance. The gardenia is still a strong element in the overall fragrance but not as in your face. I did a peacock swirl with bamboo charcoal, td, eggplant purple and a rose mica. It looks kind of like ghosts on the top swirl. I used the dividers like an idiot and so the swirl is hidden in the bar. Thought about cutting them into and selling as hand soaps but I think not.

Steve

^^^One in particular that caught my eye was Goddess at .25%. I believe the original was safe in skin care applications, but that was before IFRA recommendations were listed by suppliers. Many of the Lush dupes also have very low usage.

Actually Goddess is rated at 5% so that's .8oz PPO. With Goddess you can soap it at .5 or .7 and its strong enough at that rate plus it gets stronger with cure. I think you were looking at category 7 which is .25%. Bar soap is category 9.

Edited by Candybee

I got the Dead Sexy by Tokyo Milk and American Cream Lush Type. The Dead Sexy smells amazing and I can't wait to soap it. I already have been soaping the Goddess and its just as lovely as the original, sticks well in CP, no A but does D some. I don't know about the American Cream yet. OOB it smells like sweet milky cream with ant spray. Kind of ick... can't get past the ant spray notes, but it might be fine once soaped... don't know haven't tried it yet.

Actually Goddess is rated at 5% so that's .8oz PPO. With Goddess you can soap it at .5 or .7 and its strong enough at that rate plus it gets stronger with cure. I think you were looking at category 7 which is .25%. Bar soap is category 9.

No, I was referring to Category 4 which is for leave on products like Lotions and Perfumes. At .25% usage in a bottle of lotion, I would think this would be almost non-existent.

• Like 1

Thanks! That's an absolute bummer if it's light. It shouldn't be. The original isn't in a Lush product that is. I guess some just might have a tendency to try to copy in hopes of making a sell I guess ... that's the impression I get ... I mean why sell if it doesn't perform? Send it back and make the supply house get it right. 

Hey Scented,  didn't see your post  until now. Breath of God is very light. Just barely there, a clean fragrance but not much definition IMHO. It soaps beautifully with a little discoloration but no acceleration.

Steve

Edited by Scented

Well, I took the plunge and ordered from Fragrance Buddy....I ordered Pumpkin Sugared Doughnuts, Winter Festival, Sugar Cookie Royale MW Type, Sea Witch MW Type, Banana Nut Bread MW Type, Vanilla Ice Cream Fragrance, Sweet Berrylicious, Mulberry, Banana, Angel Food Cake, Mint Chocolate Chip, Pink Sands Type, Coconut Cream Pie, Creamsicle, Mexican Fried Ice Cream and Green Apple. So I am hoping that this has been a great decision on my part. We shall see. :)

• Like 2

The only ones that I have tried is Winter Festival & Sea Witch, I love both, although I use them in CP soap. I think they would be nice in a candle or wax melt too. I have tried many of the Moonworks, and some of the Lush. Dark Knight has a lower usage rate, and it is very strong, and holds well in CP soap. I actually used less than the maximum amount, and mixed a little bit of another FO in with it.

• Like 1