? About wicking an odd shaped votive without a pin

i poke a pin size hole in the silicone and just send the wick through - no pin.

I have done this as well, and even though most silicone is self-healing, I don't like poking a hole all the way through the silicone (I'm weird like that! LOL) but it does work, and works very well. 

Candybee what is a centering wick?? I usually use wick pins but hate them as some of them are slightly smaller than my metal votive cups so it makes the bottoms look bad.

Karen in MA

Centering wicks are wick assemblys made with centering wick tabs. The centering wick tab is designed to find the center of the container. Its pretty much what it sounds like. I have had good luck with them.

Sometimes but most of the wax exits through the bottom if you go slow. I get through in a couple of tries without breaking or leaving droplets. When I push for a one shot hole is when it backs up and is forced out through the top, or at least that's been my experience. Its a pita, kwim?

Steve