Should I cry now or later?

HTP wicks or CD/CDN wicks only I find. The 4627 does require wicking up so you can also get a burning smell if you wick too high.

When wicking mine, I wick with the smallest wick that gets to the bottom of the jar with little to no hangup. I don't wick for a melt pool

Peak, NG and CS all use PURE fragrance oils meant for candles/soap, so you should be OK with any of those.

Sometimes I find very heavy scents have trouble incorporating, so I keep it on the heat in my double boiler as I am stirring it in to help it incorporate better.

I'm thinking though, that if that oil was a body oil, then that is your culprit!

LOL thank you guys so much!!! I'm still laughing at myself! Didn't even know that it was a difference in BO vs FO, and that was the last thing that I would've thought was the culprit, I figured maybe I was adding too much oil, or maybe I wasn't stirring enough, or maybe it was the pouring temp... never thought about the type of oil it was... ok back to the drawing board I go... gonna try some zinc & CD wicks also & I'll keep you guys posted 

Kelz--- always order fragrance oils from a candle supplier. Its okay if the fragrance is safe to use in soap or body products. Many are. But if you buy your oils from a candle supplier you know they are for use in candles. I believe the 'fragrant' body oils you bought are most likely essential oils cut with a carrier oil. Not the same thing at all.