First official soap making day

craftimade

Thanks, I love the Amazon Lily & Rain too. Plus I made an extra one for myself and it's so nice.

I have to work on my display as it's getting a little messy.I was thinking of small wooden steps to put on the table, then I can have the soaps sitting on each level.
I'm going to have to do some research.. Any suggestions and im all ears. :)

Last night I was watching Soap Queen video tutorial about rolling the soap then using it in a mould and I thought I would give it a shot.

So I poured some white goats milk soap then waited, then poured light pink on top. Waited about 7 minutes and removed it from the cooking paper in the pan.

The started to roll to soap to create swirls then cut them into 2cm wide lots. Once I had swirls I placed them into my plastic mould and since then added more white goats milk soap.

Scented with Musk Sticks FO. Smells so amazing.
Will know more tomorrow when I put them out but here is a photo pre pouring.

post-11439-0-85918700-1422162254_thumb.j

Oooo! That sounds pretty!

There are non-bleeding colorants for soapmaking. You just have to make sure when you shop for them they say non-bleeding. I know TKB Trading carries some. But there are other soap suppliers that carry non-bleeding colorants as well.

Edited by Candybee

I received my first batch of Mica and glitters today and made some more hearts. Hopefully my wood and silicone loaf will arrive tomorrow and then I can start really making my soaps.

I used some white mica in the red hearts I made today and they look so amazing, all shinny.

I will post some photos tomorrow :)

Some more photos.

Lemon Myrtle batch of 10. Green Glycerine chunks on top with yellow Glycerine strips behind them to give a yellow/green feel.

Then goats milk scented with Lemon Myrtle FO (2%).

The hearts are Glycerine with red dye and white mica. Looks pretty nice for my first mica try. :)

post-11439-0-48298000-1422415165_thumb.j

post-11439-0-10832600-1422415176_thumb.j

post-11439-0-01269400-1422415189_thumb.j

post-11439-0-96236400-1422415200_thumb.j

Those are lovely and very 'spring' colored looking. You must mean clear M&P. There is clear M&P and white or opaque M&P. Glycerine is a liquid that is used in making all  M&P. The difference between clear and white is titanium dioxide. TD is used for making white M&P. Without the TD it is clear.

2nd Attempt.

So i have been reading up about making soap swirls in a loaf and I think I got it right. Here is a photo of the top, will reveal the rest tomorrow (I hope). smile emoticonPink goats milk swirls with dyed red clear soap with white mica to make it sparkly.

Scented with: Black Raspberry Vanilla.

post-11439-0-38229700-1422514218_thumb.j

Sorry for all my posts. I'm just excited to make these and share as a first time soap maker.

Making a new soap loaf today. Scented with Lemon Zest and more swirls, top part is lemon zest scented mica gold.
Here are some photos - Will unpack tomorrow and post photos on Monday.

post-11439-0-29098700-1422594215_thumb.j

post-11439-0-90287700-1422594222_thumb.j

post-11439-0-62843600-1422594230_thumb.j

Sorry for all my posts. I'm just excited to make these and share as a first time soap maker.

Don't be sorry  - we love seeing them. 

They all look fabulous. I've never had the creativity to make M&P look good. (only as my embeds on my CP) 

I love seeing all the things talented people can do with M&P - it's inspiring!! :) 

Your colors and embeds are beautiful but I am really loving the look of the rainbow soap.

Just don't wait too long to cut. Soap gets really hard after a few days. Even M&P can get hard. Anyway you will get a feel for how long you can wait to cut yours once you have cut a few loaves.

I started using my red hearts I posted before with some pink chucks with light purple soap around them melting the embeds a little bit.

Then I added pink soap with white, purple and pink mica on top. 

Scent: The Honeymoon (one of my own mixed fragrances).

Will post Monday morning with my results :)

Have a great weekend everyone.