First official soap making day

craftimade

I started using my red hearts I posted before with some pink chucks with light purple soap around them melting the embeds a little bit.

Then I added pink soap with white, purple and pink mica on top. 

Scent: The Honeymoon (one of my own mixed fragrances).

Ok, this failed badly. It didn't hold together and as soon as I cut it the hearts fell out. I'm in the process of trying to use the soap again but for something different.

Also my cutter is sliding and some soap bars or smaller and bigger then others. Im going to need to buy a good wire cutter.

Ok, this failed badly. It didn't hold together and as soon as I cut it the hearts fell out. I'm in the process of trying to use the soap again but for something different.

Also my cutter is sliding and some soap bars or smaller and bigger then others. Im going to need to buy a good wire cutter.

Careful - most wire cutters wont cut through M&P without snapping. A miter box cutter might be best. 

Did you spritz the embeds with alcohol before the overpour? That will help with adhesion as well as pouring a little warmer to melt the embed just enough to stick, but not enough to bleed. 

HTH

I got a miter box from Bunnings (Australia) the other day but the loaf keeps slipping and my cuts are small at one end and big at the other which I just can't sell.

Careful - most wire cutters wont cut through M&P without snapping. A miter box cutter might be best. 

what are you using for the design in pink & the yellow in the other soap?  those look great!

I use a cheese slices and run it across the top of a 3cm wide soap bar which gives me a swirl. Then I place 5-6 swirls into a soap stick.

Soap stick is just 5mm to 1cm square soap with 24cm long. When the loaf is cut each bar is different.

I don't have any plans for a St. Patricks Day soap at this stage.

It's selling very well. As a candle shop its great to have an extra few products like Soap and Jewellery to shop customers.

I do sell online however my shop is my main focus at the moment. However I do complete orders on time and ship them off.

Rainbow soap is selling very well atm. Kids love it.

post-11439-0-72407500-1424206988_thumb.j

post-11439-0-83590000-1424206996_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...