Fragrance Buddy/Part 2

bugtussle

Got my latest order 3 days ago.  Yes, the Goddess is a very good dupe of Old Mill.  I have tested it in B&B and in candle tins.  I will put it in cp later this week.  I also recommend the Karma.  Will test it in CP too.  I think FB has done a great job with Patchouli Passion, You Crack the Whip, Grapefruit Zest, Blackberry Butter Cobbler, Salted Caramel and several others.  I will continue ordering and testing other fragrances.  They are very GOOD!  Carole :P 

• Like 2

I love the Patchouli Passion, and everyone who smells it loves it, even those who don't like patchouli. The scent really holds in CP soap. I also really like the Winter Festival, and the Sultana. I also received an order a few days ago, and soaped the Goddess, and the Karma today. It will take some time to know how they cure, but they both smell amazing now.

• Like 1

I do not make cp with "Crack the Whip" because of its high vanilla content.  I use it in Frostings and Scrubs and it is "devine"

in candles.  I am comparing it to DS's "Fishnet Panty Hose."  It (DSs) does not have IFRA and I have used it for several years.

DS and FB both have them marked as safe for soap.

Sonoma, I'm so glad you cp'd Karma and Goddess.  I'm just too busy this week to get them in cp.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Those two fragrances drove me crazy! They both smelled great when I soaped them, but after two days they were difficult to detect. It was like the fragrance was playing hide and seek. After three weeks the Karma is much stronger, and the IFRA says that I can go stronger, which is what I will do with the remainder of the bottle. I love the Goddess scent, but I only used the IFRA limit of 5% and I would like it to be stronger. I like both of these as far as the scent goes, but probably won't reorder either one.

• 2 months later...

In the process of getting ready for a craft fair I have opened packages of soap in Karma and Goddess, and I am very surprised both are much stronger than when they were packaged; at four weeks cure. I don't know if it was my sense of smell, or if they actually got stronger with time. I know that happens with wax, but haven't had that happen with soap, except the tester of FB Lush SuperNova which took about three or four days for the scent to come out.

I didn't want anyone to skip purchasing either because of what I wrote, I think the Karma is plenty strong at 1% per pound, and the Goddess is there at .80% per pound.They are both very nice in soap!