Looking for a true red for cp soap

pixie

Every time I try to make a red cp soap, the color comes out bad.  I try for a nice christmas red or cherry red and I end up getting maroon, pink, mauve, or puke color.  Can some of you soap stars here recommend a good red? 

Thanks guys

I blend a hot pink, burgundy and red oxide.  I don't always use the same suppliers but find that combo works pretty well. Use more hot pink then add a little bit of the others until you get the color you want.

I remember you posted a pic of your soap and it was beautiful! Do you mind sharing where you get your hot pink and burgundy?

I blend tutti fruity pink colorant WSP with a little red oxide, and also add NG tomato red, but sure would be good to find a true red without all the blending.

I don't mind the blending. Makes me feel like a scientist!! LOL 

But I agree, it would be nice to not have too so we could get the EXACT same color each and every time. Mine is very close to the same everytime, but I do notice there are times where I'm a little heavy handed with one or the other color. 

• Like 1

I get heavy handed too, and my red doesn't always turn out like I want everytime.. I now want to try the red rose mica that Barbara mentioned, it looks great in her Lovespell soaps in the gallery!

BeScented has what seems like some really great products. I haven't ordered yet, but almost everyone I know that has, has been well pleased with the product. 

• Like 1

Bescented has some awesome products and also a You Tube.  She demos a lot of her products, especially the micas. I have ordered from her before, very quick and great shipping prices.  Her channel is sudsnsuchllc.

I ordered a bunch of micas/ colorants last night from Bescented:) Wondering how good her fo's are in cp? I needed Amazing Grace, so I ordered it as well. I'm looking forward to trying it after reading positive reviews on her version!

-

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...