An usual container & Suzy's soap

Trappeur

Last week I was at a friends house and as we were cleaning, she was throwing out things and she was going t throw out this very unusual container in the picture below. It looks like an opened up plastic baggie for foods and is very thin glass. So I told her to give it to me and not the garbage can as I was imagining a candle made from it which I did do for myself. She has no idea where she even got it and I sure do wish I could get some more for gifts for my sisters as I wouldn't sell them as the glass being very thin. So I made it in chestnuts & brown sugar from Community Candle. Then I looked at Suzy's soap I just received from her a couple of weeks ago and decided to pair up the two things together for a nice picture, her soap and this unusual looking container I got and they just worked so well together. The lighter pictures are taken with a flash and the golden ones are without a flash to give the picture like a romantic somewhat ambiance to it. I can't decide which one I like the best. I think the ones without the flash (the golden pictures) I'm leaning towards.

Suzy, I hope you didn't mind I took a picture of your gorgeous soap with my container find. It seemed the only thing I could find to complete the picture. Your soaps are just stunning Suzy. All the sparkly shimmery glitter you put on the soaps are just amazing! You do such beautiful beautiful soap. I never did send to my sister, but kept for myself....The soaps haven't even made it into the bathroom, lol. They are too nice and I'm afraid someone will use it!...lol

Anyway, thanks for letting me share with everyone.

CIMG1599.jpg

CIMG1625.jpg

CIMG1614.jpg

CIMG1611.jpg

CIMG1607.jpg

Trappeur

• Like 2

I saw the title of the post and I was like hey, that's me!  lol.  I LOVE it!  I don't mind at all. That container is so unique and awesome.  I'm so happy that you like the soap so much!  I haven't made a nice soap loaf like that in awhile. I need to get some motivation to make more. Your compliments help a lot. :)  I think it's awesome you decided to keep it for yourself.  Thank you for sharing it!

• Like 1

Guest OldGlory

I like the pictures done without the flash too. Very pretty, soft. And Suzy, that is a gorgeous bar of soap! Well done to the both of you.

Beautiful doens't give it justice. Very stunning! I love the 'golden' pics to-- but I also love the very last one that flatters the soap the best.

That vase is very unusual and I am glad you saved it and gave it new life. If it could talk I bet it would have a swelled head! LOL

Trappeur and Suzi!!!  Beautiful job there girls! That container is so cool looking! It is so extremely unique....if those were deemed safe for candle use and sold by our suppliers  ...gracious could we ever sell the heck out of those!:) Suzy...as always...beautiful soap...love the shimmer and love that big ole star stuck in it...so pretty...so Christmasy! What scent is it?

So I did some digging and found those containers.  They're called unzipped glass bowl.  :)  I love a good google challenge.

The scent of the soap is Tinsel from NG.  It's such an awesome fragrance. I've been commissioned to make another whole loaf of it by someone so I'll take pictures of it.  :)

Thanks for all the compliments on the soap!

• Like 2