What are you doing this week?

Do you have orders to do ?

Do you have this second voice in your head telling you to try something new?

I have 4 16 oz candles to make for an order

Then, I am going to try a marble candle.. ACKKKK Scared. !!! LOL

If I get the new pie kits in, Will make those too

Would love to see what others are doing

Gl Nay.. Have you done a tilted layer? I only have done it once with votives and a pillar, but I had fun. Still practicing with it .. Well can't say still because I only did it once, but want to practice more.. All these cool ways of making candles can be sooo addicting

Christina

I have 72 pillars for a wholesale account, plus 2 other sets for other orders...

I'm itching to play with some palm pillars, so I think I'm going to order some palm wax and give it a shot now that my orders are almost caught up!

Do you have orders to do ?

Do you have this second voice in your head telling you to try something new?

Then, I am going to try a marble candle.. ACKKKK Scared. !!! LOL

Would love to see what others are doing

Voices in my head? Always! hahahaha. I got some new molds in, 3" x 3.5" pillars, and some long wick pins...

I checked out the little pillars and they are soo cute! Cant take any pics cause the dumb camera isnt working...dang it. I made a rose scented pillar, light pink tilted layer on top and mauve layer on bottom. Very cute and smells great!

Dont be afraid of the Marble candle. They are fun! Just be sure to tap a lot and get those air bubbles out. I didnt tap enough and had a huge air bubble in the pillar and when I burned it, it tunneled really really bad. I have a pic of that too but of course the dumb camera isnt working right. And if you have a wick pin it should be easier to keep the wick centered when filling it. I'm going to try that tonight! (I always do my best work in the middle of the night)

Had a request to make a chunky pillar for a friend, she wants her grand-daughters name in it...Nemo colors...I found a picture of Nemo to embed in it...it'll be cute.

THen I'm also going to work on Cut & Carves. Maybe someday I'll be as good as Bruce!

So have fun!

That's awesome! I hope to have that someday! Are they all the same scent and size and color? or are they different?

They're actually 3pc sets (3x3, 3x4.5, 3x6) ...2 sets of each scent/color. So I have 24 sets to make, but 12 sets per scent/color. They didn't specify either, so I get to choose!!

They're actually 3pc sets (3x3, 3x4.5, 3x6) ...2 sets of each scent/color. So I have 24 sets to make, but 12 sets per scent/color. They didn't specify either, so I get to choose!!

Oh fun! I love it when they say "Suprise me!" My mom always does that it helps to get the creative juices flowing...

I have so many new things I want to try! I know I cant try them all at once though. I have an order from Peaks coming tomorrow! I plan to try my hand in dipping bears. Cross your fingers for me and wish me luck!

Let us know how that goes, I have been thinking of trying them also...

I have 72 pillars for a wholesale account, plus 2 other sets for other orders...

I'm itching to play with some palm pillars, so I think I'm going to order some palm wax and give it a shot now that my orders are almost caught up!

Wish I would have known! I wouldn't have tossed all my samples lol! But I have the RRD wicking in a wide variety of sizes if you end up wanting to try some ;)

As for me, this week, hmmm ... more organization :( The kitchen is slowly getting divided into space to do this in one place, that in another, those over there and still be able to cook after not doing so for 7 years lol, but we're also in the process of doing inventory

:tongue2:

Well, I am caught up on all my orders for right now.. I think I am going to dip a bear or two tonight after dinner ( hiding from Top) :D

My bears told me they love to spend time with me, therefore, since I make candles, they want to be part of the experience.. I told them I wont burn them and that they will be ok after the first initial dunk!!!

Christina

My bears told me they love to spend time with me, therefore, since I make candles, they want to be part of the experience.. I told them I wont burn them and that they will be ok after the first initial dunk!!!

Christina

Hehehehe, cool....I hope the bears I try someday wont be too mad at me...

I have to finish wick testing three scents in 32 oz snap lid jars, then pour before thursday. Bartering these three for an hour long massage for mrs geek :grin2: Also have been playing around with pillars. I've done a bunch of 3" mottled, then three marbled ones, now I'm making scented wax chunks and making my third chunky pillar. When I do the last one I will post pics.

geek

OHhhh boy.. I am making my first marble votive right now.. yikes.. waiting for the film so I can put the other color in.. I am doing 2 votives and 2 tarts since I am a beginner at this. Didnt want to waste a bunch of wax on a pillar one just yet.. Ohhhh I am sooo scared

Christina

UH OH... OOPS.. YIKES...

They look grubby LOL I think I may have waited to look to do this.. I am going to make another right now and see what I did wrong. I even did the heat gun trick and tapped tapped tapped and it still looks grubby.. HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

LOL

Christina

God, Dont give me anything new to try.. I just mess it up..

So I was making green and putting black into it.. Soooo I am wondering what to do with this extra wax.. If I put it back into the melting pot and melt it down, the black and green will combine and make a color not matching with my votive that I am waiting to do the second pour with.. Ummm those directions didnt say anything about that.. I think they should make a "Marble for Dummies" directions.. I am sooo lost .. Afraid to do the other one now.. Gosh.. All the people on here can make such pretty marble candles and I can't even make a proper votive and tart out of the deal

Christina