C3

Thank you for your help :) I'm going to make up 2 candles with 6% fragrance with a htp 83 and 93 , I will post pics of that's ok when they are burning , thank you

I have tried these wicks before but it would have been with 8% fragrance so perhaps that makes a difference.

Your very welcome Joannec.  I hope you get lucky. :)

Trappeur

Thank you Trappeur, I really hope I get lucky as well, I have been testing on and off for 3 years and I feel so embarrassed that I do not have a candle yet lol.  The only wax I had been able to wick correctly was the xcel but I don't want to continue using that.

Do you notice any big differences between the batches of c3?

Hi Joannec, you should have good results with C-3/htp wicks. In my experience C-3 has been consistent in my use with it. Once you order it and like the consistency, you may want to continue to order it from the same supplier. I ordered c-3 from two difference suppliers. I ordered a 10-pound bag which seems to be fresh wax but ordered a 50-or 25 pound box, can't remember which one but the last supplier the C-3 came in what looked like chips. It looked like the wax had dried up and was old. Like it had sat for a very long time.

So, I'm careful of where I order C-3 from. I ordered C-3 from Candlewic last week and its nice, fresh wax. Also, in my experience with htp wicks, they are self trimming wicks. Once you use them, you will notice that, once the wick/flame burns inside the jar the flame will adjust. I tend to stare at my candles lol, when I'm burning them to learn how the wicks burn/react. The more you use these wicks the more  you will learn how they burn. HTH

• Like 1

Just a little piece of information.  HTP wicks burn in one direction.  I use GB415 in my status jars and double wick them mostly with HTP83 wicks.  If you look at the wick on both sides, there is a pattern of a right side up "v", and on the other side a downward or upside down "v".  The wick will burn toward the downward or upside down "v".  So when placing my wicks, i place them with the downward "v" pointing outward.  This keeps the heat from being all in the middle of the candle.  If you are getting goodsized mushrooms on them that the candles could be underwicked or have too much FO.  Not all people like to double wick, but it is the best way that I have discovered, to get my candles to burn properly, all the way across and all the way down. 

Edited by Kaybee23
  • Like 1