Today's effort

Jcandleattic

The 2 pillars are Feather palm, green - Cinnamon & Balsam, the brown - Amish Harvest. I thought I had some Tortoise Shell palm but I've been looking and can't find any. 

The container is Glass Glow - Sweet Winterberry 

I am wick testing so I figured I should use a scent I like! :)  

The one you can see in the back ground is one I'm just burning for us, it's a regular paraffin container made in Vanilla Silk. 

I have no idea why it showed up sideways. I know some other people had the same problem when posting from their iPads. 

Oh well. You get the gist. :) 

Very pretty.....love how palm wax looks.....

Have a question Jc....the jar candle in the white wax.....looks like it is a double wick.  What size do you use if you don't mind me using?  Isn't that the country comfort jar?

Trappeur

• Like 1

Very pretty.....love how palm wax looks.....

Have a question Jc....the jar candle in the white wax.....looks like it is a double wick.  What size do you use if you don't mind me using?  Isn't that the country comfort jar?

Trappeur

Thank you

Yes, it's double wicked. It's a 10oz apothecary and looks exactly like the country comfort jars. 

It's  44-24-18z wicks. No smoke at all and very very little mushrooming. I double wick all of my 10 and 16 oz Apothecary jars. 

I've tried so many times and so many wicks trying to single wick these jars with my wax, and I could never get it to burn the way I wanted, but I have good luck and great burns with the double wicks. 

I'm trying CSN single wicking with my palm containers though to see if that works. 

I just love the look of feather palm pillars. The scents sound really good too. Have you ever tried mixing feather and tortoise or feather and crystal palm before?

No, I never have mixed. Never even though of it. I like the look so much, it just never occurred to me to mix. LOL Maybe I will now. I thought I had some tortoise palm around, but I can't find it. I do have some Pillar Quartz and some crystal palm. Maybe I'll do an experiment with those? 

Thanks for the idea! 

I want to just keep making and making and making them, but will have to use a wick pin if I do because I cannot for the life of me find my notes on wicking and have no clue (can't remember) which wicks to use, so I will be testing wicks before making more. 

Although, I did make a blue one that was still in the mold when this pic was taken and it is just gorgeous! :) 

Cinnamon & Balsam has become my all-time favorite Christmas scent. Oob it is nothing special and even smells kind of funky so it took me FOREVER to put it in anything. Then a couple years ago I made up my sample into 4 - 5oz apothecary's. Man oh man once it hit the wax it was breathtaking it was such a nice scent. I love it. So now I make it in every type of application I make except lotion. (Probably not a good lotion scent.)

Smells like a baked cinnamon Christmas tree. LOL (I am terrible at descriptions, but trust me, it's a great Christmas scent!) 

Thanks I need to try some of that FO. I especially love Christmas type scents.

I didn't get the idea of mixing palms. There was an old thread someone post years ago about mixing feather and tortoise and feather and crystal palm. They were insanely beautiful and unique looking. Hmmm... it could also be tortoise and crystal. There were several pics. I might do a search in the gallery and see if I can find a link.