Molds, Molds, More Molds

7 Pawz

I just counted my M&P molds. OMG I have a total of 64!!!!

37 Milky Way assorted tray and soap set molds

3 silicone embed molds

9 Milky Way embed molds

5 soap on a rope double sided molds w/large rubber bands to hold in place

1 crayon mold (makes 27 crayon/chalk) size soaps

9 heavy duty soap set molds

These do not include any of the molds I have bought for making CP soap. For CP I now have 11 molds so far. I intend to have a lot more over the next couple years:

2 Brambleberry 18 bar slab molds with dividers

1 ED silicone mold with custom fitted wood mold

2 SMR 5lb wood log molds

4 handmade PVC pipe molds with cappers and stands

2 pringles cans

• Like 1

HAHA - Yeah, I don't even want to include my embed or M&P molds into the equation. I tell ya, it's bad. Almost as bad as my fragrance addiction. Maybe even worse. 

And on top of that, don't even get me started on all of my candle molds. Oh boy... LOL 

My candle molds are boxed up. Don't use them much as I only make container candles now. But I bet I have at least a dozen assorted round and square molds plus embed molds. I'd like to have some scallop shape pillar molds and some taper molds but why do I need more molds when I don't make these candles? My mind says no but my heart says yes, yes, yes!!

I'm trying, valiently, I might add to not get another mold just yet, but you guys seem to have nice collections of them, I don't know how much longer I can hold out: :smile:  I have managed to get my sample oils down to a minimum, but that just means I need to order the full size now :laugh2:

• Like 1

My brain says you can never have enough molds. LOL  Anyway, there are some more I really want to work with.

Also, I really need to be able to do more production soapmaking. Right now I am selling soap faster than I can make it and not having enough production molds is only part of the problem.

So I do see some more molds in my future.... :)

CB? I mean, well what can I say? I live on the side of the road in a little hut made of soap molds; you can thank Miss Candybee for my homeless condition. Oooh I wish they had slabs with dividers. Please stop me from buying another soap mold. Those micas look awesome though......I'm running out of micas for my bombs. Where's my credit card? Did I mention that I'm a member of "Hand-Crafters Anonymous"?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hello all, I'm noodlehead. I'm just starting out out soaping and all of this is so exciting to me! Just reading all your post on how many molds y'all have almost makes me feel like I coule pee all over myself! . I know though it won't be long before I'll have just as many as some of y'all. In fact my hubby is a master carpenter an he can build me any mold I want. I've really enjoyed reading through the post. I have ADD and so its been tough getting "my sea legs" via learning soapcalc and trying to figure out recipies and everything. Plus if anyone here has ADD or a child w/ ADD its very difficult to stay focused on one thing for any length go time, especially when your not medicated. OK, sorry about the rant. Truly ment to stay on topic about molds. It won't happen again again. ☺

Noodlehead

• Like 1

I have a ton of molds too.   Though it's been awhile since I've made soap.  I went crazy last year and bought a bunch.  I need to get back into it.

I would love to have some huge molds where I could make a lot at a time. I was watching some videos on youtube and one lady that I love has the coolest molds and I want them.

I look for molds whenever I go to any one of the thrift stores in town.

That's a good idea SuzyK!  I never thought about checking thrift stores :)

I have two of the 18 bar slab molds from Brambleberry. The first year I got them I used them exclusively until I started getting the wood log molds from SMR. Now I use the slab molds for my salt bars. They work great for that.

I also have one of the red silicone molds from ED. I really use it a lot and it was a great buy. I had a wood frame mold custom made for it so I can easily buy more ED molds and use that.

I also now have 4 handmade 3x18" round molds I made from PVC pipe. I haven't started using them yet but they are all ready. I also have 2 pringles cans I use for molds for my shaving soaps. The size is just perfect for the little shave soaps to pop into standard size coffee mugs. I use the flexible chopping mats from the dollar store to line the round molds. They work great in them. Lining and unmolding my soaps is easy.

But I still want one of those standup molds from Brambleberry with the inserts. I want to make some tai chi swirl types soapies with it.

I have a PVC mold and I love your idea about using the flexible chopping mats!  I tried lining it with was paper and that was very difficult.  My husband had to make a wooden plunger to push the soap out and it was a real pain so I only used it once :)  Thanks!