Clarus users??!

With either one, add fo at 185* (little less for citrus), stir 2 minutes then pour...for me, great tops every time. They're both good waxes to work with that offer great ct/ht...comes down to a matter of preference.

I've only sampled the 3020, and the throw is great! I've tried to find tech data on it, but didn't have much luck. So I was curious what temps others use. I've seen posts in the past on the 3022, but haven't tried it. I can't even get a call back :/. But they're local to me, so hoping to hear back on pricing and such!

I have been using 3022 for over 6 years now. The 3020 is their version of 6006 and its okay but I perfer 3022 for overall appearance and performance. This wax was first introduced as the famous "Greenleaf Miracle Wax" and was a hot topic for quite awhile; until the business went under. Melanie or Brad Ford are the best in the business IMHO and the product is totally trustworthy.  HTH

Steve

• 10 months later...

Quick question Steve....I have just tested for the last few months a ton of waxes.

CBL 130, CBL125, 3 HouseBlends from CJ Robinson(1278,1282,6356) GB 464 and GB444.

I tried them all straight with 8% FO loads. I also blended some with paraffin. I sampled different wicks CDs, LXs and HTP in each blend.

I keep coming back to 3022 Hands down has the best throw in all of my tests. A blend of GB464 and some paraffin came close.

The one thing I have problems with the 3022 is the cold throw. I have a Christmas Tree scent that is super strong and fills the house when lit but pop the lid off and it's very weak. Clients buy from the cold throw but come back if the candle burns well and the hot throw is good. Any ideas how to improve the CT?

Edited by RMullen99

I have added a tsp to a tbsp of coconut oil pp of wax and got some improvement but not much. You could try the old trick of putting a drop of fo on the top. It really is a problem with some fragrances and curing doesn't improve the ct in my experience. I have several that won't sell unless the customer happens to smell the candle burning. I think you have to add ct to the list of characteristics necessary for an fo to be a keeper. Sorry.

Steve

• Like 1

I add some 415 to the 3022 and the ct is really good- not as good as 415 alone but good and the ht is wonderful

The cold throw with 3020 was non existent for me but the ht was amazing and adding other waxes to this blend didn't help for me so I stuck with the 3022

I still get some sooting however.....Steve do add anything to the wax and what wicks do you prefer with 3022 of you don't mind sharing

I generally don't add anything to my wax. I use 6 to 8% load, depending on the fragrance oil (light florals or heavy bakeries) and prefer a cdn but will use a cd. I heat to 200 degrees in my turkey fryer and pour at 190 degrees into warmed jars that are slow cooled in an insulated box. I don't color as a rule but prefer liquid colorants from AH/RE. A tad of petrolatum helps if the wax seems a little brittle but most of the time there is no need for additives. This wax is not too picky about fos but it seems to do best with ones that have strong oob ct. I get pretty much whatever the oob is like from testers; so I ususally chunk the light fos. HTH

Steve

They are pretty close. The cdn wicks are specifically designed for vegetable waxes and ususally produce a solid flame that burns a tad hotter in my experience. The difference is not extremely noticable IMHO but it appeared to produce a deeper melt pool in a shorter period of time. Not always but ususally. HTH

Steve

• 4 weeks later...