Leg Wax

pamperme

..ok..I am scared to death to try this..but if someone else wants to..please tell me..I am not fond of trying to rip things out by the root. :eek:

1 cup sugar

2 Tbsp lemon juice

2 Tbsp distilled water

Mix ingredients together in sauce pan and boil for 8-15 min..until temp reaches 250 and a soft ball forms. Then pour it into a container and let cool. Keep refrigerated. Heat in the microwave just until warm. Bea careful not to make it hot and burn yourself. Lightly powder area to wax. Pull skin taunt and spread wax on using a tongue depressor or popsicle stick. Place a 3x5 cotton cloth over the area. Pull off quicly against the grain of hair. Clothes may be re-used simply by washing in hot water. Old t-shirts torn in strips would work great.

Remember the EpiLady..oh about 15 years ago..it had wires that spun and ripped the hair out by the root..my mom bought me one..and I tried to use it once..and threw it across the room. :eek:..after using a few choice words..that shocked her.

Remember the EpiLady..oh about 15 years ago..it had wires that spun and ripped the hair out by the root..my mom bought me one..and I tried to use it once..and threw it across the room. :eek:..after using a few choice words..that shocked her.

The first time I tried waxing my legs (20 yrs ago) I did two strips and said never again!! But-- when the hair started growing back in I noticed that the waxed section didn't have any hair for 6 weeks so I decided to give it another try. After waxing for a while the skin becomes desensitized and it really doesn't hurt but it's messy ( I only used zip-wax ) so when I was given my first EpiLady I loved it!!! Now I hardly have any hair on my legs at all. If you wax a couple of times and then use the EpiLady it doesn't hurt at all and you will never want to be bothered with shaving again.

I have never tried waxing my legs but I do have my eyebrows done about every 4-5 weeks. Wouldn't you think after you had been yanking the dang things out for over 30 years they would give up and not come back :eek: I know even after all this time the brows hurt so I don't think I am quite ready to try whole legs

Body sugaring -- I didn't think it hurt much, but perhaps I might be a bit of a masochist. I usually use wax since that's what we have at the salon. But if my memory serves me right, the sugaring was less painful.

Sugaring is very popular in the middle East. It's been around since the pharoah's times! The reason it works a bit better than waxing is because the sugar sticks to the hair but not the skin, making it less likely to take off a layer of skin when you rip.

Nad's is a similar product.

• 2 weeks later...

I've done this. It doesn't hurt that much, really and truly, but it can get a bit messy. The sugaring solution can be kept a few days in a closed container, but after a bit, mine always started to get sticky and runny even when not heated.

My daughter has promised me that she will come to the nursing home and make sure all those strange hairs that come up on my face ....Go away!!!But, man with razors being dirt cheap and painless....I won't rip out those leg hairs for any Man!!!!!!!!:) Linda

• 3 weeks later...

I love my Epilady! It really doesn't hurt as much as it did at first. I like to use it when I'm in a bad mood. It's like hitting a pillow - only better:cheesy2: I don't know what I will do when my Epilady finally quits working - I've been using it for over 17 years - I don't think you can get them in the US anymore. I guess I will have to order one from Isreal then.

• 8 months later...