Hello, I'm new!

Guest Purple

Hello everyone!

I am new to candle making, I'm making soy container candles and having the usual newbie issues (candle not adhering to the container etc) but I've been reading this forum for a couple of weeks now and I've got some ideas what to try next, hopefully I'll find the solution soon.

There is such a huge amount of knowledge and experience here, it's so helpful, it looks like I might be spending a lot of time on here so I thought I'd better register and say hello. Hope to speak to some of you soon, and apologies in advance if I ask anything really stupid! I'll endeavour to find the answers from existing forum posts first, as I'm certain others have had these problems before me :)

Welcome to the board Purple and to your new addiction! LOL!

I don't use all soy so I can't answer any questions about soy candles, but there are plenty of very experienced people on here that will be more than happy to help you with everything.

Don't hesitate to ask questions. There are no stupid ones!

Thank you for the welcome! I think I've figured out most of the abbreviations, I'm still getting to grips with some of the terminology though.

I'm also still looking for good UK suppliers that won't charge a ridiculous amount for delivery! (I live on the Isle of Man, it SHOULD count as UK postage but lots of companies charge overseas rates, which increases the costs a lot.) I've only ordered from one company so far, so I'm limited in the range of products I have access to.

Guest Purple
Hi Purple, welcome to the board! If you don't mind sharing, what soy wax are you using? I use cargill c-3 and ecosoya cb advance.

I'm using Ecosoy CB Advanced. I've recently read that it is designed to contract slightly though, which makes me wonder why it is sold as a container blend.

I will have a look at the supplier list and add mine to it, thanks for replies everyone.

Guest Purple

Going back to the point about me learning the terminology, I was wondering what "wet spots" were. I've just read that this is the name for the patches that appear on the sides of my candles, where the wax has pulled away from the side of the container. This is the main problem I'm having with the Ecosoy CB Advance, although in some cases, the patch has later disappeared. I later realised that this was because the WHOLE candle has come away from the container.

Has anyone found a solution to this yet? I'll continue browsing, but if anyone could point me in the direction of an existing thread about this I'd be grateful. Thanks all :)